iPod touch completely redundant in order to save battery life?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kendo, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Kendo macrumors 68000

This might be the dumbest idea ever but I was toying with the idea of buying a 32GB iPod touch to use solely for music, movies, and games and keep my iPhone solely for non-gaming apps as well as phone and Internet use. Is it redundant to have both? It would certainly allow me to save on battery life for the phone but think carrying both items would be too much (although I see people with two phones all the time for business).

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

If it's battery life you're worried about you could buy a Mophie Juice Pack Air or Mophie Powerstation?

3. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Sounds dumb.

No network when out and about, what about icloud syncing stuff, or other content. Just carry a mophie battery pack.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If you want a phone with good battery life, get that iPod touch, and instead of an iPhone get a good old Nokia or something that can last a week on one charge.

I wouldn't carry an iPhone and an iPod touch. That said, I carry two iPhone 5s but that's keep one phone with my US number at all times, and another with whatever local SIM I need to get.