iPod touch got stolen (twice!) so I need an older 'Pod... what to get?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by iMpathetic, Feb 21, 2009.

1. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

Long time no post!

I used to have an 8GB iPod touch. Man, I loved that thing like a brother. I took it everywhere. We were the best of friends. Unfortunately, that was my downfall. It was stolen out of my locker in PE class.

So, I've managed to scrape together about $85 to pay for a new iPod/MP3 player.

My options are, at this point:

- 30GB black Zune with a bunch of music and movies on it already. Good condition, belongs to a friend, $75.
    - A bunch of iPod minis for like $45 that I could stick a 16GB CF card in for a total of maybe $75.
    - I saw a 40GB monochrome 4G iPod for $79.
    - On the lookout for a 30GB 5G video, but have not found one yet.
    - 8GB 2G nanos.
    - 4GB 3G nanos.

What looks like my best bet? I don't really want to stray from Cupertino-bred goodness, but the Zune looks like a spanking good deal... the 40GB too....

...what say you?

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

The 2G nanos were pretty awesome, in my view, apples best design, I'd say either get that or the 40GB mono iPod, or hold off for a 30GB Video bargain.

3. iMpathetic thread starter macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

Hmmm...

Anyone hav'e/used a Zune? I've used it and like it, but it's pretty big... I don't know, for what's essentially a 30GB video, it seems like a good price.

4. synagence macrumors 6502a

When it comes to 2nd hand, i would tend to go with something FLASH based ... so i would stick to either the 2nd gen nano or similar...

5. ashjamben macrumors 6502a

seen as you settled for only 8gb with the touch i'd say go for a nano, and if video was important one of the small fat ones.

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Don't fall for the Zune! It's built from the cheapest parts available. My friend's broke because he dropped it from about 3-4 inches to a desk. The screen shattered into little pieces of plastic. The LCD panel behind it cracked.

7. jamaica14 macrumors member

Or he could just not drop it.

8. iMpathetic thread starter macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

I did indeed LOL.

I think I'll go for teh 40 gigger... I can get a 1200mAh battery for $10 and get 22 hours battery life.

Plus it's all rounded and fat.

Heh.