iPod Touch owners, are you planning to sell your iPod Touch for the iPad?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by agkm800, Feb 5, 2010.

?

Are you planning to sell your iPod Touch for the iPad?

Poll closed Apr 6, 2010.
  1. I will sell my iPod Touch and buy the iPad.

9 vote(s)
    9.0%
  2. I am buying the iPad AND I am also keeping my iPod Touch.

27 vote(s)
    27.0%
  3. I am buying the iPad, but I am not sure if I'd want to sell my iPod Touch not.

6 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. I am not buying the iPad.

58 vote(s)
    58.0%
  1. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

Yes, iPod Touch and iPad are two different devices and perhaps you'd think one can't replace the other. But, if you could have only one, what would you choose? Or, will you simply have both?

2. tenand2indy macrumors member

The iPad won't do anything I need that my Touch doesn't already. The Touch goes everywhere with me, and when I need more functionality or a larger screen, I use my laptop.

I have no use nor any desire for a product that falls in between those two devices.

3. MikeyTree macrumors 6502

None of the above. I'm going to be selling my iPod Touch for the next gen iPhone when it comes out. And possibly buying the iPad too.

4. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

I honestly think the iPad will be a big faliure for Apple. The market is saturated with iPhone and iPod touch so another device that basically doesnt do anything that much different will probably tank.

5. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

Seems to be a large preponderance of responses so far for people not buying the iPad. I'm certainly not buying this version of the iPad, although I can see that it might evolve into something I'd be interested in at some point. But while I will carry around an iPod in addition to my Macbook, I wouldn't carry around a 10" device in addition to the Macbook, and this iPad will not replace the functionality I need in a laptop.

6. flanamac macrumors 6502

7. frank.deale macrumors regular

I would not have bought an iPod touch if I knew the IPad was coming. I want the 3G of the iPad but do not want an AT&T iPhone.

I will give my Touch to my young daughter.

8. na1577 macrumors 6502a

What is your concern with the iPhone? The iPad also uses AT&T 3G.

9. ajones46 macrumors 6502

I think this is exactly what I'm going to do. An iPad would be perfect for me, especially lounging around my dorm or laying in bed, or just hanging around campus. Plus I've waited long enough for a verizon iPhone but I'm going to get one this summer no matter what.

10. frank.deale macrumors regular

Far too many dropped calls in my region. The iPad may use 3G but I don't have to get a contract and the cost is a lot cheaper.

11. Barbie macrumors regular

Barbie

yeah, I will sell my 3rd gen touch for an iPad

maybe once Apple includes 3G into the iPod touch itself, then iPad wins !!!

12. Sol macrumors 68000

Sol

Apple should be given kudos for making the iPad compatible with the Applications library in iTunes. Imagine how many more people would not buy it if that compatibility was not there.

When the native software library matures a lot of iPad-sceptics will suddenly want one too. Until then, I hope Apple can keep up with new orders.

13. Hawke macrumors regular

The iPad will never in its current state replace either my iPhone or iPod Touch, so to answer the question.. no.. never

14. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

Not unless the iPad comes with an armband... and I grow really really big arms.

I use my iPod Touch to listen to music as I exercise, walk, hang out, 95% of the time it is being used.

15. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

Right, nobody would buy it. But one question I have is, how do all those apps look blown up to iPad-size? I imagine some would look pretty good, others not so much.

It's going to take more than software to make me want one of these.

16. pilotrtc macrumors regular

If this was done right, I'd seriously consider it despite it not being Apple's product.

17. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Same here. If the iPhone comes to Verizon then I'm getting it. If not, I'll sell my current iPod Touch and wait for the next generation iPod Touch or get the iPad. I already have a 4th Gen. iPod Nano, which is more suitable when I'm working out.

18. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

I'l be keeping my iPt and buying the iPad as a separate device.

19. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

20. GoJonny78 macrumors newbie

Seriously.

Ok if I was to go out and buy one or the other and they were both the same price... I would totally get the touch for several reasons. One being you can take it almost anywhere and the screen has a better picture (so ive heard).
    I usually do not read news and all except for macrumors on my iPod
    so why would I need a bigger screen? My goodness think of putting on a screen protector:() a crack in the screen? Omgoodness. Besides after a while the ipad/iPod touch screen hurts your eyes. Get the kindle if you need to read news or books. It comes with free 3g network too. Right?

21. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

The iPad's IPS LED-backlit display is far superior to the CCFL-backlit iPod touch screen. IPS panels are what creative professionals use for their monitors, they have excellent color accuracy amongst other qualities.

The Kindle hurts my eyes. And all other B&W E-Ink displays. My eyes normally see color and now suddenly I'm paying to see B&W? That's not a feature, it's a limitation. If B&W is a feature, then why did we switch to color TV? B&W screens are an insult to human eyes.

22. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

My eyes don't normally see color when I'm reading a book.

23. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

I will not be buying an iPad. I don't want a bulky Ipod Touch that won't fit in my pocket.

24. slothrob macrumors 6502

I'll probably keep the Touch as a calculator and aTV remote, and perhaps when I want to travel light, but it's just too hard to read and type on for what I like to use it for, quick browsing, answering email, and keeping up on forums. I think the iPad is really the device that I hoped the Touch would be for me.

Also, I mostly gave up on the Touch as an iPod in favor of a Shuffle. The Touch is too big and too clumsy for carrying around music, too small for reading, and watching 15 minutes of video on a Touch was enough for me.

25. philosopherdog macrumors 6502a

philosopherdog

I was wondering whether I would keep the Touch. I was toying with the idea of moving to the Nano and getting an iPad. I use the Touch for reading news, ebooks and some web browsing, plus I use it as an iPod. I'd rather have a bigger screen for the browsing I do and have a smaller iPod. So that's probably what I will end up doing, but I may wait until g2 of the iPad, but if they get solid reviews I might consider g1. I could also see the argument to just go for the iPhone and forget the iPad and Touch, but I'm not a heavy cell user. The iPad looks very cool. I personally don't much like the proprietary nature of the apps store model, but I'm sure there will be some jailbreaking going on.