ipod touch student rebate advice as i have applied for my rebate but changed my order

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sab150, Aug 23, 2009.

1. sab150 macrumors regular

has anyone had experience of how the student rebate system works?

bought a macbook pro and afew other bits and got the ipod touch aswell and sent off for rebate, anyways macbook pro developed a fault in the first 2weeks so i exchanged it instore, but obviously my rebate was tied to my previous macbook pro.. the guy instore said the rebate could be swapped but just wondered if anyone had experience of this?

thanks!

2. sab150 thread starter macrumors regular

some1 else must have had this issue? ..anyone??

3. newcronos macrumors regular

This is just my guess, but if it were me I would apply for another rebate online using the information from the new receipt (new serial number and new date of purchase).

Your previous rebate application would likely be invalidated as soon as they learned that the macbook is returned.

4. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

you need to apply for a new rebate with your new receipt and serial number, my guess is that yours, as newcronos said, will be invalidated now

5. sab150 thread starter macrumors regular

really? the guy instore said they would take care of it for me.. i cant re apply as i have sent the original barcode that came with the ipod touch off for my revate?!

argg

6. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

I had the same issue and the bottom line is... call Customer Service and ask them.

When I called Apple to arrange a replacement, the guy asked if I'd applied for it yet. I said I had and he said it wasn't a problem but it may delay the rebate by a week or so as it will throw up an exception when processed.

However this was in the UK so I'd advise to double check with customer services in your country.

7. sab150 thread starter macrumors regular

hey im from uk, bought at the apple store birmingham who were super helpful..

so did you send off your rebate and then had to change your macbook pro, so did you just leave it and then wait for the rebate.. becuase i have been advised to write a letter to rebate center explaining the situation.. with my new reciept.

what did you have to do to get the rebate?

thanks!

8. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

Ah I bought my last Mac from the Birmingham store. I got the latest one from the Apple Store online though.

I haven't received my rebate yet. I've only just (last night) got my replacement MBP but the guy at Apple Customer Service said (without me asking) I wouldn't have to do anything, it would just delay the procedure a week or so.

Even if you buy via a high street store, you can still check your status online or by calling Apple Customer Services.

OR you could try emailing contactus.uk@euro.apple.com. They're not quick but you might get some advice from there.