Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sk24iam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
My car has an ipod connector but it's one of the bigger ones that has the buttons on the side. It does not connect with my 4s because of the case I have on it. However, the smaller usb that comes with the 4s connects with it with the case on. Is there a converter from the bigger ipod usb to the smaller ipod usb?

xnickitynickx

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2012
Orlando, FL
No there won't be an adapter because it's all the same connector. Unfortunately the problem lies in the case. It must be huge though, to not fit. I know they work through most play through cases

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
Sounds like the connection kit for your car fits the phone just fine, its just not fitting right now because the case you have on it. Its not the phone's or the cable's fault, its the case. May I suggest using a different case, or just using an iPod in your car instead of your phone? Not only would using an iPod work, but it would also alleviate having connect/disconnect your phone each and every time you get in and out of your car.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.