ipod usb doesn't fit in 4s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sk24iam, Mar 30, 2012.

1. sk24iam macrumors regular

My car has an ipod connector but it's one of the bigger ones that has the buttons on the side. It does not connect with my 4s because of the case I have on it. However, the smaller usb that comes with the 4s connects with it with the case on. Is there a converter from the bigger ipod usb to the smaller ipod usb?

2. xnickitynickx macrumors regular

xnickitynickx

No there won't be an adapter because it's all the same connector. Unfortunately the problem lies in the case. It must be huge though, to not fit. I know they work through most play through cases

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I've tried a few of those and they don't work. The doc connector itself must be shorter than the USB cable's, because the male end of the usb connector (30 pin) does not fit into the female end of the extender (the female end is too shallow). If you're sure that one works let me know and I'll buy it. :)

4. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

Sounds like the connection kit for your car fits the phone just fine, its just not fitting right now because the case you have on it. Its not the phone's or the cable's fault, its the case. May I suggest using a different case, or just using an iPod in your car instead of your phone? Not only would using an iPod work, but it would also alleviate having connect/disconnect your phone each and every time you get in and out of your car.

5. sk24iam thread starter macrumors regular

6. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Sure they do. The ones you've tried may have not but that doesn't mean that none of them work. Not sure which one I have but it's the one sold by Atomic.