iPod with 16.5 Gigs of music

Sundance Kid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Canada
ok, so i'm wondering if i'm alowed to sell this ipod with the music on it... Could i use all my music to increase the price of the ipod? All the cds i have on there make the ipod worth much more than it actually is :)

cheers,
james

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
Sundance Kid said:
ok, so i'm wondering if i'm alowed to sell this ipod with the music on it... Could i use all my music to increase the price of the ipod? All the cds i have on there make the ipod worth much more than it actually is :)

cheers,
james
wicked illegal, you have to sell the iPod formated.

why would you wonder if you are allowed to do something against the law?

unless you include the CDs with the iPod

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
eva01 said:
why would you wonder if you are allowed to do something against the law?
Unless you're being sarcastic, i'm assuming the poster is asking because they were unclear on the matter and wanted some clarification. Just a guess...

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
mkrishnan said:
Yeah, sad, but true. 'Sides...what if your music sucks? *ducks for cover*

:p ;) :D

True, I might want a discount unless it was full of Country, 'cause it would take me time to dump all of the other stuff.

Woof, Woof - Dawg

Sundance Kid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Canada
lol... ok ok... just wondering folks... and NO my music doesn't suck... I just wanted clarrification on the matter. If i could sell my iPod with the music on it, i'd be willing to trade it for another powerbook... lol

Thx pdpfilms for the comment :) . Its nice to find some decent people here.

cheers,
james

Sundance Kid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Canada
Jaffa Cake said:
As well as being illegal (as others have rightly mentioned), any music on the iPod will be erased when the new owner syncs it in with their computer.

thats not true buddy.

Sundance Kid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Canada
MacDawg said:
True, I might want a discount unless it was full of Country, 'cause it would take me time to dump all of the other stuff.

Woof, Woof - Dawg

lol... yes just to clarrify, my music is of classical (for studying) and rock/punk/some metal/some emo (or whatever people call it now). ermm.. AND NO RAP, NO AVRIL LAVIGNE, NO WEEZER. thank god :eek:

edit: lol.... i suppose i should start a thread in music discussion... (or whatever its called)

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
Sundance Kid said:
thats not true buddy.
You can only sync an iPod with one computer. Technically you could sue a thrid party application to rip the music of the iPod and into your iTunes where you could reupload it. Apple made it difficult to do what you're describing, as it is illegal.

reberto

macrumors 65816
Jul 20, 2005
Yes, to most people your music does actually SUCK

Sundance Kid said:
lol... ok ok... just wondering folks... and NO my music doesn't suck... I just wanted clarrification on the matter. If i could sell my iPod with the music on it, i'd be willing to trade it for another powerbook... lol

Thx pdpfilms for the comment :) . Its nice to find some decent people here.

cheers,
james

Sundance Kid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Canada
macbaseball said:
You can only sync an iPod with one computer. Technically you could sue a thrid party application to rip the music of the iPod and into your iTunes where you could reupload it. Apple made it difficult to do what you're describing, as it is illegal.

eh... ok, so my dad has an ipod. He puts music on it. He has a windows machine. So i take his ipod, put some of my music onto it. No problems. Does this count as synching?

cheers,
james

reberto

macrumors 65816
Jul 20, 2005
Ok, I willput this as nice as I can. It is illegal to sell a iPod that has music UNLESS you include the CD with it. If you do, you are breaking the law. Plain and simple.

Sundance Kid said:
To most? I couldn't care less. Music is entirely subjective.

Sundance Kid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Canada
reberto said:
Ok, I willput this as nice as I can. It is illegal to sell a iPod that has music UNLESS you include the CD with it. If you do, you are breaking the law. Plain and simple.

Roberto, that is not what we were discussing.... you didn't seem to understand that music is entirely subjective as i said in my last post...

I fully understand that as all the previous posts had stated what you just said. What i don't understand is why you would make a completely useless post, unless you just like arguing with people?

God i hate it when people try to end conversations with a stupid and obvious remark....

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Sundance Kid said:
Roberto, that is not what we were discussing.... you didn't seem to understand that music is entirely subjective as i said in my last post...

I fully understand that as all the previous posts had stated what you just said. What i don't understand is why you would make a completely useless post, unless you just like arguing with people?

God i hate it when people try to end conversations with a stupid and obvious remark....
So it would be a stupid and obvious remark if I to try to end this conversation with something like...

And God do I hate stupid people. :eek:

Edit: somebody please end this completely useless thread, because it seems like people are doing nothing but arguing. :p

Sundance Kid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Canada
Sun Baked said:
So it would be a stupid and obvious remark if I to try to end this conversation with something like...

And God do I hate stupid people. :eek:

Edit: somebody please end this completely useless thread, because it seems like people are doing nothing but arguing. :p
eh... good point. that was uncalled for. Sorry.

but could someone answer my question i stated b4? i'm curious.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
The mods have spoken, you cannot try to do that here.

I'm quite sure you can try selling it somewhere else with the just the ripped music -- elsewhere for more money.

But alas, the music is entirely subjective -- and some would pay more for it, some would probably be shocked and pay less.