Iran has secret nuclear site...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rasmasyean, Sep 25, 2009.

1. rasmasyean macrumors 6502a

Obama: Iran has secret nuclear site

Iranian president says plant in compliance, but nuclear agency says not true

NBC News and news services
    updated 36 minutes ago
    PITTSBURGH - Bluntly confronting Iran, President Barack Obama and the leaders of France and Britain accused the Islamic republic Friday of clandestinely building an underground plant to make nuclear fuel that could be used to build an atomic bomb.
    ...more

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33016209/ns/world_news-mideastn_africa/

Check this out... Nuke suspicion seems more and more intense.

What do you think? More War on the horizon? Think about is, Iraq has stabilized quite a bit. Not to mention having stocked up on $billions of new weapons from the US and other places as well. They always had beef with this country and prolly want some old land back and can use a motive to unify people to a cause. Not to mention easy air staging for their “allies” with unlimited fuel supply. Afghanistan is flanked right on the opposite side where many air bases already are, including ground access on a large front.

What are your thoughts on the situation and the coming future?

Truth or dare…conspiracy theories…military analysis…all thoughts welcome!

Dicusss... :)

2. bamaworks macrumors 6502

My favorite part is watching Obama do what his criticizers said he wouldn't, and that's be tough and call out middle eastern countries getting out of line.

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Iran does not hold any "old land" belonging to Iraq. Iraq is not going to get involved in a war with a fellow Shia power which is itself deeply enmeshed within the Iraqi hierarchy. 80% of Afghanistan is under Taleban control. The Israelis can't even do it because they will not get overflying permission from Iraq. In short, none of your fantasy scenarios is going to happen.

4. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

I think that Turkey would not be adverse to Israel overflying,though I think it would involve in air refueling.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

More like a wet dream. :rolleyes:

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I was thinking this exactly.

7. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

It won't really make much of a difference. Iran would be stupid to use nuclear weapons, and I'm sure they know it. It's just an insurance policy against invasion, nothing more.

8. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Very optimistic, naive & wishful thinking.

9. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Really? What country with nuclear weapons has ever used them as an act of war? Oh, I know...

10. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Iran would be stupid to use nuclear weapons in a preemptive strike and I'm sure they know it. However, they see war with the US or other countries as being distinctly possible, and if engaged in a war I don't think they would hesitate to use nuclear weapons. Most of the world already dislikes them, and most of the people who do like them would support their right to defend themselves, so I am betting they would see no reason not to take advantage of the tactical advantage nuclear weapon usage would provide.

11. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

The U.S. did not use them to start a war.

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

We certainly used them during a war. If you are going to be that nit picky, I don't know what to say.

13. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

I'm not being nit picky. The argument for the use of "the bomb" to end The War is compelling. It was an exceptionally brutal war and those involved didn't always play by the rules. The U.S. was planning to invade Japan. Japan was going to execute and dispose upwards of 100,000 allied prisoners of war if attacked. There would have been many more lives lost since Japan was fairly well dug in and the conventional bombing was doing nothing to soften their stance. War is ugly and ugly decisions have to be made.

Iran is run by religious zealots. They don't hesitate to kill their own and blatantly lie and refuse to become a decent player in world relations.

14. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

I think it boils down to respect. Those with nukes are treated differently.

15. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I agree.

I'm not arguing why we used it. My point was that we are the only ones who have during a war.

You really think they would use nuclear weapons? REALLY?

16. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I see that our resident warmonger is salivating at the possibility of more war, more flashy-whizz-bang pyrotechnics, more meat for the grinder.

17. Shivetya macrumors 65816

ROFLMAO

Ooooh... did he wag his finger too... that would probably mean he meant it.

Seriously... called them out.... what he say 'Don't dis me?'

18. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

It doesn't come as a surprise that you haven't read or watched anything about international politics recently.

19. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

I don't know. I do know that they are an unstable country with erratic leadership and a young populace that wants change. Should there be a true civil war or countrywide upheaval, what does the current leadership have to lose?
    Who is really running the country? It's not Ahmadinejad. Are they eschatologists? If so, yes they may use them. If not, they would make enough threats where Israel may attack big and then they certainly would.

Using the same reasoning, I hide guns from my menopausal wife.

20. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

21. MyDesktopBroke macrumors 6502

Usually the leaders are never prepared to sacrifice their own lives for their ideals, only their followers lives. Nukes would have to be launched with orders from the leaders of the country, who would be the main target for a retaliation.

If Ahmadinejad knows that if he even tries to use a nuke he will die in the process. Did you see how he hid from a bunch of angry kids in the street? Do you think he'd be brave enough to bring on an attack from the US, UK, Israel, etc.?

22. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

I don't like what Iran is doing these days, but I feel that a country shouldn't be able to tell another country what they can or can't do.

I am seriously starting to think that the G20 is just a waste of time and money. The climate thing, let's wait until december, iran, let's talk next week in Geneva. Really what are they doing? There hasn't been a time in history where inequalities were that big, they should be thinking on how to better the system rather than walk around with nice suits...

23. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

The title of this topic should be changed since everybody in the world knows now.

24. oscillatewildly macrumors 68000

Do you think the US, UK, Israel et al are brave enough to take on Russia, China and North Korea?

Would the USA be seeking nuclear weapons if it didn't have them?