Iran is furious.

Chew Toy McCoy

macrumors regular
May 13, 2016
Here’s how the US military and government would defend a neighborly dispute court case.

“The defendant would have you believe they attacked me because I threw flaming bags of dog **** in their open window at every opportunity, which I did do. I’m not disputing that. There's irrefutable proof of that. But I submit to you that the real reason they attacked me is because I have a pool in my backyard and they do not. I rest my case.”

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
So Iran is a victim? Yeah sure, okie dokie....
Yes, they clearly are in this case for anyone that doesn’t have an American flag lodged in their brain.

America has decided we unilaterally can decide who Iran can do deals with, outside the confines of any treaties or deals.

This is the same as if Canada told us we weren’t allowed to buy timber from Peru...because Canada just said so.

When Iran is finally *forced* to do something, our dumbass population will not know that we caused it, and Bolton will finally get his war list justified.

This is beyond stupid on many levels.

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
So Iran is a victim? Yeah sure, okie dokie....
I’m not weighing in on this particular event yet, but will say that our country, because of one person, backed out of a negotiated deal unilaterally against our Ally’s wishes, that in good faith Iran agreed to, and as far as reporting goes, they were honoring their half of the agreement. Now just pretend for a minute, that we were Iran, how would someone like The Trump Administration react?

Reactions: JayMysterio

raqball

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2016
Yes, they clearly are in this case for anyone that doesn’t have an American flag lodged in their brain.

America has decided we unilaterally can decide who Iran can do deals with, outside the confines of any treaties or deals.
American flag brain and all that nonsense aside, maybe you missed it but it was the UK (United Kingdom for those still struggling) that took the action... UK brain up next as the response?

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
American flag brain and all that nonsense aside, maybe you missed it but it was the UK (United Kingdom for those still struggling) that took the action... UK brain up next as the response?
Do you not understand what a client State is? Who do you think the UK is doing this for? Us, clearly. Did the run-up to the Iraq war teach you nothing?

raqball

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2016
At the request of USA, UK carried out. Many reputable news outlets reported as such.
Credible and factual sources please... Not made up mumbo jumbo and opinions.. Factual documents that show the American flag having brains were forced to take the action will suffice....

If we are going to go all whackadoodle conspiracy theory on it and start making things up then I'll claim it was Martian flag having brains that did it via a UFO disguised as the UK military... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: hawkeye_a

Chew Toy McCoy

macrumors regular
May 13, 2016
Does anybody on here see the situation over there for the last month or so as anything other than a sad CIA puppet show attempting to build public support for war? Is it working on anybody on here?

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
I’m not weighing in on this particular event yet, but will say that our country, because of one person, backed out of a negotiated deal unilaterally against our Ally’s wishes, that in good faith Iran agreed to, and as far as reporting goes, they were honoring their half of the agreement. Now just pretend for a minute, that we were Iran, how would someone like The Trump Administration react?
trump being in power is the only time I will see liberals looking out for another country...............

appleisking

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2013
Does anybody on here see the situation over there for the last month or so as anything other than a sad CIA puppet show attempting to build public support for war? Is it working on anybody on here?
Yeah, try the poster above you. The rest of us though weren't born yesterday.

raqball

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2016
trump being in power is the only time I will see liberals looking out for another country...............
Comical eh? Their underoos are still in a wad because Obama's crappy deal got axed...

My only question is IF the tanker was violating sanctions.. If it was then boo hoo Iran... If it was not then someone has explaining to do....

US flag brains and all that jazz aside, was the tanker in violation?.........

Last edited:
Reactions: Vanilla Ice

Herdfan

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2011
Ok, scary time in PRSI in that I agree with you. ;)

I really don't know why we can unilaterally do this. As a country we can decide to not trade with them, but we have no say in what other countries do. Now maybe we can persuade our friends not to, but we have no right to force others.

Same with nuclear weapons. We have no right to tell NK, Iran, or any other country we don't like they can't have them. We don't have to sell them or provide the technology, be we have no right to tell them no.

Of course, we do have the right that if they attack us to turn their country into glass, but beyond that we have no standing.

That said, I am happier knowing they don't have them.

Chew Toy McCoy

macrumors regular
May 13, 2016
Ok, scary time in PRSI in that I agree with you. ;)

I really don't know why we can unilaterally do this. As a country we can decide to not trade with them, but we have no say in what other countries do. Now maybe we can persuade our friends not to, but we have no right to force others.

Same with nuclear weapons. We have no right to tell NK, Iran, or any other country we don't like they can't have them. We don't have to sell them or provide the technology, be we have no right to tell them no.

Of course, we do have the right that if they attack us to turn their country into glass, but beyond that we have no standing.

That said, I am happier knowing they don't have them.
The US government is an economic terrorist and it really doesn't matter which party is in control. Nobody should dispute this because the common citizen can't enlist in the global economics department to get a college education or whatever they feel justifiably counters killing people. There's really no personal moral dilemma on this one. Our government doesn't hesitate to literally starve people out when those at the top don't bow to our economics.