Iran shoots down US drone.

raqball

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
Iran shoots down US drone over international air space and takes credit for it.... Buckle up as Trump Tweets 'Iran made a very big mistake'

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/20/middleeast/iran-drone-claim-hnk-intl/index.html

*snip*

Iranian forces have shot down a United States military drone, a move that appears to have escalated the volatile situation playing out between Washington and Tehran in the Middle East.

Iran's Revolutionary Guard said it had shot down an "intruding American spy drone" after it entered into the country's territory Thursday.

A US official confirmed to CNN a drone had been shot down, but said the incident occurred in international airspace over the Strait of Hormuz, one of the world's most vital shipping routes.

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 7.36.01 AM.png

Solver

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2004
USA
if we were to use this newly made up form of social ”justice”, since we have an accusation, that could improve an ideology, we would demonetize them, ban them or shut down their accounts, and not tell them the reason why.

Reactions: jkcerda

Zwopple

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2008
Great, another pointless money draining war in the works. Just like Bush the only way Trump can win another election is by starting a war to "rally the troops".

Do we learn nothing from history?

With John Bolton in the WH I give it less than 6 months to a war with Iran

Solomani

macrumors 68040
Sep 25, 2012
Alberto, Canado
I do not....
So what's a US drone doing right off the coast of Iran? Taking a vacation from hobbyist-drone-infested San Francisco? Snapping pics of nude Saudi beach babes in burqas? Simple answer: it was spying on Iran, and the most effective way to spy on Iran is to get the drone directly over Iranian territory/assets as much as possible.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget

Solomani

macrumors 68040
Sep 25, 2012
Alberto, Canado
Great, another pointless money draining war in the works. Just like Bush the only way Trump can win another election is by starting a war to "rally the troops".

Do we learn nothing from history?

With John Bolton in the WH I give it less than 6 months to a war with Iran
I'd love to send John Bolton in the invasion force's front line. He needs to lead by example.

raqball

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
I assume a military response is forthcoming from the US. Possibly strategic cruise missile strikes..

If the drone was in international waters then that is an act of war on Irans behalf..

Reactions: SRLMJ23