Iran--Wassup With That ?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Peace, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

2. MyMac1976 macrumors 6502

MyMac1976

The new prez isn't the same as the old prez.

We knew Iranian and US relations were getting better, that doesn't mean we're bestest buds or we no longer need to keep an eye on them.

3. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Na, just politician doing politics...

Which can be good, bad or nothing at all.

Guess the Mullahs finally realize that they have a to large (and growing population) and to many hostile borders to turn their country into another North Korea.
    With that option off the table and an unemployed youth tweeting through the interwebs (harder to be kept in the dark) they needed to give some way (or atleast the impression of).

4. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

Iran never really posed a threat to the US or its allies, it knows it would be taken out within days of launching any kind of war or strike.

Most of the Iran " threat " is just made up by the right wing to fuel the military industrial complex.

5. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

Yup! I'm hoping we won't see another Iraq in the future, the same card again WMD, all this talk about a possible bomb , Uranium levels blah blah blah and Netanyahu isn't helping either the guy is beyond Paranoid about Iran

6. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

I've always said that the best way to change Iran is to air drop iPads and beam in free and open internet. No bombs needed.

Iran culturally isn't Islamic radical. Won't take much to get the population to boot out the nutty clerics and mullahs.

If Israel is so worried, they have an army to handle matters. Leave the U.S.A. out of it.

7. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

Iran will probably happen as soon as a republican president is put into office, the Military Industrial Complex owns the GOP more than the Kochs, Big Oil, Big Pharma, and Teabaggers put together.

It will cost tens of thousands of American lives, but at least defense Contractors will profit! :cool::eek::eek::eek::eek:

8. Squadleader macrumors regular

Stay tuned....

9. Peace thread starter macrumors Core

Peace

Stay tuned for what exactly ?

It sounds to me like Iran is trying to return to the political culture they had before the Ayatollah took over.

10. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

not at all......but they do seem to be interested in getting the West's current economic sanctions reduced

11. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Actually in some quarters in Iran there is a lot of pro-American sentiment. First, in spite of the fact the US shamelessly meddled in Iranian affairs, we were their allies for decades. Second, there are people in Iran who oppose the extreme manifestations of the theocracy (mostly well educated people in urban areas), as does the US.

12. sim667 macrumors 65816

I thought the US was having quite reasonable talks with Iran at the moment.

13. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

This.

Iran is such a young country from a population standpoint, very few have anything on there mind other than living their lives. There was a great documentary on underground rock bands in Iran that truly captured the spirit of the youth.

I think we'll find in a few decades that Iran will be one of the most reasonable Middle Eastern countries around.

14. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

The media doesn't help. When I was a kid they used to what seemed to be stock footage of supposed anti-US protests. At least according to relatives who had actually lived in Tehran, those weren't the places stated in the broadcast. It's not to say the government there likes the US or anything, but the trumped up war silliness followed by various military organizations spamming recruitment ads makes me ill.