Iran - What you need to know

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SMM, Oct 24, 2007.

1. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

Link to what every member needs to know about Iran, by the best source to ever come forward. We need to put our political differences aside, and focus on saving our Country (and the rest of the world), from the bastards we have put in power. God help us, it is not too late.

2. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

The linked article was a very interesting read (can't watch the video at work). It shed a lot of light onto why current efforts in the Middle East are failing so grandiously. Clearly, we are facing the most cunning and dangerous of enemies. The Iranians, they are like sharks, sharks that have been armed with the greatest technology and zealotry to match, horrendous undersea monsters whose graviton beams and biomechanical iron fists not only smash bone and body, but dreams and soul. When their lazers erupt from the oceans of their dark Islamic voodoo, wave after wave of damned souls -- charred to perfection -- will wash over the righteous, a terrifying tsunami of death that can smell a drop of blood from miles away. These are the end times, and the enemy will swim through the whites of your eyes to the terror centre of your brain.

3. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

Did you make that up yourself Iscariot? :eek:

4. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Absolutely. :D

5. Queso macrumors G4

You great big drama queen :D

6. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

They really do need to be impeached. Excellent article.

Anyone who thinks that we can start a war with Iran and not have that war spread to Pakistan is naive. The US does not have the military capacity to occupy Pakistan, Iraq, and Afghanistan, even if we draft every 18-40 year old in the country.

7. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Why occupy them when you can bomb them from the air? I don't know how many planes we used to bomb Dresden, but it only took a single plane with nine guys to bomb Japan - twice!

We'll see what happens when Iran forces our hand if and when the next administration gets in power and see whether he or she decides to use technology or more 18 year olds to wage battle on the next front.

I think that anyone that believes that war in the Middle East will end in our lifetimes is naive.

8. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

That's bordering on sick. Really.

9. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

To our shame, it was mostly RAF Bomber Command which bombed Dresden, with a lesser contribution from the USAAF.

You surely are not advocating the use of nuclear weapons on Iran, are you?

No, I believe the Bush/Cheney Axis of Evil has seen to that.

10. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

11. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

12. Queso macrumors G4

Probably not. There's less profit if only two bombs are used :rolleyes:

13. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Not when our elected leaders are doing their utmost to make sure it doesn't happen.

I, for one, am not looking forward to a generational war chewing up my tax dollars, friends and family. That you seem unbothered by the prospect is disturbing.

And if the US drops a nuke on Iran the chaos that ensues will rip us apart just like we ripped Iraq apart. The world won't recover for decades. Perpetual war ala 1984 will have arrived.

14. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Who said that I was unbothered by the prospect? I've reached the stage where I don't think it's avoidable any longer so I plan accordingly.

15. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Why are you so sure it's unavoidable? Because Cheney wants to start it no matter what? I don't get you. Why do you think exascerbating an already bad situation is OK? We have a choice.

16. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Of course I'm NOT advocating the use of nukes. I'm just pointing out that when considering a conflict that we might have to deal with in the future some perceived manpower shortage is not going to stop us from doing what has to be done. We also have a lot of technology that can suitably destroy what needs destroying without putting boots on the ground.

One of these days we'll go back to the way we used to wage war - to defeat the enemy.

17. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Because the leadership of Iran is convinced that only a direct confrontation with the forces of Judeo-Christianity are they going to see their lost Imam. I don't think that even Ghandi could talk them out of it and we have a shortage of Ghandi's these days anyway.

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Then someone else will have to do it. We are depleted as far as resources are concerned. I'm not going to sit here and watch my friends and family go back to the ME. My family did our part. Send yours.

19. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

You seem perfectly at ease with the prospect.
    It does not need destroying, it does not have to be done. You talk as if everything is out of anybody's hands, the world is on a one way trip to self-destruction. Are you sure you're not awaiting the Rapture?

One of these days we might go back to waging war as a last resort rather than as the response of first choice.

And you know this how?

20. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Public statements of Abdiminajab himself as well as the statements of the people of the particular strain of Islam he adheres to.

21. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Fix't.

22. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Maybe we could go back to using war as a way to defend ourselves, too.

23. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Someone needs to invade America...we should not have nukes.

24. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

A link to one of these public statements by Ahmedinejab, please.

I notice that you did not answer my question about the Rapture, which, incidentally, has been the subject of plenty of public statements by the people of the particular strain of "Christianity" Bush adheres to. Should we bomb your country back into the Stone Age for that?

25. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Do you really think we can just bomb them and nothing will happen? Really? We don't have the resources to deal with the fallout (so to speak). I don't understand why you seem to think this is going to be easier than we already know it won't be.

We can't even deal with the messes we've already made.

Of course he is. They can't say it, but that's exactly what some people want. It would be so much easier just to kill the lot of them. Ironic, since isn't that precisely why we hate them? Because they want to kill us? Kinda makes me think this is why they want nukes. To defend themselves from us.

I don't know what the answer is, and they very well could be a threat, but this isn't the way.