Iraqi Parliament Planning TWO MONTH Recess

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by solvs, Apr 30, 2007.

1. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/04/30/iraqi-parliament-planning-two-month-recess/

And we complain about Bush's vacations...

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

a lot can happen in 2 months. i wonder if this parliament will ever re-convene.

4. Queso macrumors G4

This is a sham parliament with no real power outside of central Baghdad anyway, so they may as well take 12 months a year off. Nobody will notice.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

And now our men and women have to die for two months while these asshats vacation? Who's giving our soldiers a two month vacation? Shameful.

Maybe they got a briefing entitled "Bin Laden Determined to Strike Inside Iraq", so they figured it was high time to boogy on out of town...

6. solvs thread starter macrumors 603

solvs

No, they get a 3 month extension.

Wondering where all the supporters are. I'm sure this is a sign of how well things are going. Look, the gov is taking another vacation! Now they're a Democracy, just like us!!!

:rolleyes:

7. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

Well, it's outrageous for sure, but let's keep this in perspective. This was just a proposal. Sure, it's indicative of how clueless they are to even propose such a thing, but that goes without saying. I bet this will not pass. They'll get like 2 weeks or so, and then it's over. Not that it makes one bit of a difference anyway - do you imagine they're getting something accomplished over there, just because they're officially "convened"? I've got news for you. Vast numbers of delegates never, ever attend a single meeting! Many are sitting safely in places like Jordan, and drawing fat salaries, doing zero work. The whole thing is a sham - and the Iraqis know it. If push comes to shove, it is the U.S. military that has the final word - so how can you blame them... they know their power is a sham under occupation, why should they put out any effort?

8. solvs thread starter macrumors 603

solvs

Well sure, if you want to inject logic into this. :p Just makes me mad they're even talking about it, let alone trying to do it. I get they need time off (I guess), but nothing is being accomplished. They could do something. Or at least, pretend to do something. Otherwise, what's the point of them actually being there? What's the point of us being there?

I just answered my own question didn't I.