Is 20" Aluminum Cinema Display stand the same as the 23" stand?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by California, Dec 18, 2015.

1. California macrumors 68040

California

Do you guys know if the 20" Aluminum Cinema Display stand, which is detachable, is the same size stand as the 23"? It looks identical to me, but not sure...

Does anyone know?

2. Tucom macrumors 65816

Tucom

I'd imagine not, because the actual screen is bigger. Though I do imagine they would be interchangeable. Not for sure though.

3. w7ay macrumors newbie

The stands are different. However...

The height of the 20" Cinema Display's stand is 10" from desktop to the horizontal hinge. The 23" ACD's stand is about 0.75" taller.

The hinge widths are similar (3.5"), so it is likely that you can install a 20" ACD on a 23" ACD stand.

There is plenty of clearance (> 3.7") from the desktop to the bottom of the 20" panel, so it is also quite likely that you can mount a 23" ACD on a 20" ACD stand, as long as you don't mind the 23" ACD sitting 0.75" lower on the desk. The unknown is if the spring within the 20" ACD stand's hinge is too weak to maintain the angle of the 23" ACD at all positions.

4. California thread starter macrumors 68040

California

Wow thanks for your specificity. It looks like I will be needing to put a 23" stand on a 20" screen so I may avoid that problem... they really look identical to the eye.