Is $250 a fair selling price for my iPhone?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by shortenjam88, Sep 5, 2013.

1. shortenjam88 macrumors newbie

I have a Verizon Wireless iPhone 4S Black, 64GB. The 2 photos show the only defects in the device. On the front panel, right center, there is a yellowish tint. On the back, normal wear and tear and a superficial crack along the bottom of the glass panel.

Thoughts?

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Is it a crack or a scratch? Looks like a scratch to me, at least from that picture.

3. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Just checked Ebay for you phone. 16GB damaged 4S were selling around $150-175. Yours being 64GB, I would think $225-250 would not be unreasonable. The ones that were damaged on Ebay, were far more damaged than yours.

4. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

shop around I have a 16gb I am selling for $250 on craigslist and have a ton of people hitting me up for it. I said after I get the 5s it's theres.

You have a crack but you have one that is $200 more than mine. If the crack doesn't effect function of the phone and someone just going to put a case on it anyway then I think you could potentially get more. I mean it depends on your location and if you can find a buyer. Ebay is sadly the best place to go for something like that. They also take a big chunk of your profits. Try best buy/radio shack/apple and see what they will give you for a trade. It's your best bet as they will give you money up front and then just fix it. I wouldn't deal with ebay fees unless I had to

5. shortenjam88 thread starter macrumors newbie

I was quoted $151 from Apple, so I think I'll post to Craigslist for $250 and allow myself to negotiate down to $200-$225 if I have to. Thanks, guys!