Is 32gb really a better choice than 16gb, considering my circumstances?...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sparkles61785, Jun 16, 2009.

1. sparkles61785 macrumors regular

I currently have a 120gb iPod Classic which I love. I do not want to get rid of it because I have a huge music library and I need the space. Also, for some reason I am obsessed with the original iPhone concept (the scrollwheel).

I purchased a black 16gb iphone from Apple online. I don't plan on using the iphone as a MP3 player because I favor buttons, and the ability to skip a song without pulling the device out. So the plan is to continue to use my classic as an mp3 player, and to use my iPhone as a smartphone. I know that people have mentioned the incredible amount of space that an app can use. But obviously I'm not going to download 3 different map apps such as Tom Tom, which may demand more than 1 gig of space. Do you guys really think that I would use up 16gb in 12-18 months? Some people have mentioned video demanding a massive amount of space. But it's not like we'll be recording in HD. Video files from phones are typically insignificant. Do you think I should have gone with the 32gb iPhone?

Would the apple store allow an exchange if I changed my mind later (before I actually open the box, if I can maintain self-control)?

2. Slypr macrumors member

If your not going to put any music on it you should be fine with the 16GB

3. natebookpro macrumors 6502a

I never even filled up my 8GB iPhone 3G, but when going to sell it I noticed that the resale of the 16GB is way higher. So... I bought the 32GB which I have no intentions of filling, but next year when the 4G comes out I will have more to put towards it. So I guess I just kind of put some money in the bank towards next years iPhone :D

4. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

When you realize how antiquated buttons are after a couple of weeks, you'll kick yourself for not buying the 32GB. If you're using the included headphones, you can skip back, forward, and change the volume level all from the headphones.

IMO, you'll find the scroll wheel to be like rotary dialing. But it's your decision. I just don't see the point in having two devices, essentially two iPods. I didn't use my iPod 30GB after I got my iPhone, so I sold it to a friend for $25.

5. mikey28 macrumors 6502

I agree.

If you're going to invest in an iPhone, get your money's worth and use the features.

Once you have music on your phone, you'll find it kinda opens up a whole new way of doing things...