Is 38mm for females or just smaller wrists?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by scrapple, Feb 28, 2015.

1. scrapple macrumors regular

scrapple

I know women's watches are smaller in general, so is the 38mm for women or just for those with small wrists?

Anyone know of any side by side shots on wrists?

2. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

Just for those with smaller wrists...

3. rjlawrencejr macrumors 6502

Not necessarily for smaller wrists but for those who might prefer a smaller size in general.

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

The 38mm is for anyone who for ANY reason wants a 38mm.

The 42mm is for anyone who for ANY reason wants a 42mm.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Not for ANY reason though. The Edition models with the bright red and rose gray straps are decidedly feminine and available only in 38mm, so they're clearly intended for women.

However, if a model is available in both 38mm and 42mm sizes then the wrist size is *usually the major determinant regardless of the sex.

*Usually because there are petite women who like to rock big ass watches.

6. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I feel like this question is going to become the new "is the white iPhone for woman?"

8. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

We've been thru this one.

I actually replied to this one. Nope the white iPhone is not for women of course, we know that.

However, I bet you, on average if you looked at the whole numbers, more women would, and have bought the white, and probably the white and gold iPhone than the Black model.

That's hardly surprising is it?

I would expect more women would chose a white car over a black car on average also.

So, no, white watch is not made for women, but it will probably appeal to women more than a black watch will.

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

We're already battling "Are the Edition models geared toward women?" (even though the yellow gold with the black sport and midnight blue straps are available only in 42mm).

10. scrapple thread starter macrumors regular

scrapple

good article! will get the 38mm, as the bigger one just looks goofy to me on a wrist.. plus he says its to bulky

11. KPOM macrumors G5

The Edition is where I think Apple might need some more combinations. Rose gold looks good on olive and dark complexions. I'd add a model with the blue modern buckle in 38mm. I think it would look good on both men and women.

12. ButteryScrollin macrumors 6502a

The 38mm is for people who want a smaller size.

The white iPhone, however, is for females. Not sure why a male would want one.

13. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Agreed. I'm not sure why they didn't make the black sport and midnight blue straps available available in 38mm as they'd also look good on women. I'd like to see more Edition models before I consider it.

14. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

Don't mislead him. Everyone knows when you put on an Apple Watch it surreptitiously scrapes off a few skin cells (painlessly) and does DNA testing to discover the sex of the person wearing it. If a man puts on a 38mm or a woman puts on a 42mm, the band detaches from the watch and it falls to the ground.

----------

And I expect these differences are not necessarily universal - in Country X gold might be considered more of a male choice than a female one.

My current iPhone is white, my last one was black. I think, after owning both iPhones and iPads in both white and black that black is better for phones and white is better for iPads. For me, anyway.

If the Retina MacBook Air comes in different colours as rumoured, I don't know WHAT I'm going to do!

15. JFazYankees macrumors 6502

JFazYankees

No way. I see a ton of guys with white iPhones at my college, including myself. It's simply a preference.

16. Meister Suspended

Meister

Nonsense. The :apple: watch does no such thing.
    When you buy one, the geniuses inspect your genitals to determine the watch you are eligible for.

17. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Agreed. Better watch out for those sneaky XXY individuals.

18. bbeagle macrumors 68040

bbeagle

Apple currently testing crotch inspection techniques.....

[​IMG]

19. Mr.C macrumors 601

Rubbish. I have a white iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Air 2. My previous 5S and Air were also white. White is just as much a colour for men as it is for women. I see just as many women with black phones and tablets as men too so there is no reason why either gender should not have devices of either colour.

20. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

Yes, the 38mm is for females. Strictly enforced, checking genitalia if necessary.

21. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I agree. I don't see why personal preference would be determined by sex/gender. Nor do I see why you would need a ***** to get a 38 mm watch.

22. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

:rolleyes:

23. ButteryScrollin macrumors 6502a

Disagree. I've never seen a male with a white iPhone. Just can't imagine why someone would have one.

24. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Damn! You need to open your eyes a little then.

25. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I find it hard to believe you've never seen a male with a white iPhone, unless you literally live in the middle of nowhere.

I don't know why they'd want one either... It's not like people can have different opinions on what looks good, can they?