Is 3D Studio Max on Mac?

MacDuff

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2002
San Francisco
Hey all, I'm just wondering if anyone knows for sure, (I'm getting a few different answers but I know you people know your stuff).

Is there a version of 3D Studio Max out on the Mac platform? Moreover, is that program still being updated cause I know Maya has taken a lot of the platform of 3d rendering.

Furthermore, does anyone know about Maya on the Mac, and if it's stable enough to run on the new 1Ghtz Powerbook with 1 Gig of ram?

I'd love to find out.....:rolleyes:

FattyMembrane

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2002
bat country
3ds max is not available for the mac. maya can run on g3 machines with around 256 mb of ram (maybe a little more). the new powerbook should run it quite well. i doubt 3ds max will ever come to the mac, but we have all of the goodies like maya, lightwave, electricimage, combustion, shake, etc.

Ifeelbloated

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2002
some God forsaken place
We got Lightwave, Maya, and Cinema 4D XL. Programs that can hold thier own against any other package out there. I'm perfectly happy with them. I could give a rats ass if Max or Softimage ever come to the Mac. F*ck 'em.

MacDuff

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2002
San Francisco
yeah, that sounds like what I'm hearing for the most part here in San Fran. I need to check out those other programs....

Sweeeet deal.