Is 3gs worth ~£140 over 3g?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by badgerman, Jul 14, 2009.

  1. badgerman macrumors 6502a

    Jun 9, 2008
    So if I sell my 16gb 3g for £300 odd and buy the 3gs payg for £440. Do u think the s is worth the extra £100-140 cash (depending how good eBay is)? Then I could be on monthly for 4.0 in June 10 and sell the s next year?

    Anyone else thought about doing similar?

    Is the s worth it. I do get annoyed with lag with SMS app opening and web browsing. Is it millisecs faster in real life?

    Difficult to know with only having the gruby iPhones on display in the apple store.

  2. charliecc macrumors regular

    Jul 24, 2008
    I did just that, although I only got £260 for it on eBay, that was 3 weeks ago, so it cost me £180 to upgrade.

    I will now be out of contract when the next phone comes out ;)

    Extra benefits:

    1. When I come to sell the 3GS in 1 year's time it'll be worth more than a 24 month old 3G.

    2. I get 12 months warranty on the new phone.

    And by the way, I think the S is worth it when you take these extra factors into account.
  3. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

    Nov 9, 2007
    do ittttt. thats what i did. dont understand these people buying out their contracts and starting another one. your way (the same thing i did) means your out of contract in jan. and get yourself on simplicity for the other 5 odd months. saving yourself £50 over them months.

    I'm kind of one of those people who has to have the newest iphone.if i had a 3g it would annoy me how slow it was.

    but anyway yeah, i would really recommend it.
  4. svndmvn Guest

    Nov 6, 2007
    I bought a new 16gb 3g in July 08 for 470€ and got a 3gs in exchange, this month. I would have payed about 100€ ( I realize it's not 140£ though) for the extra features but didn't have to.
    It is a lot better, I must say.. It's up to you, do you take a lot of pictures, play games, jailbreak and need multitasking, need really decent video?
  5. Que macrumors 6502

    Apr 5, 2009
    i really don't understand why people keep asking this question.

    if i say yes will you buy it? if i say no will you keep the 3g?

    nobody here can tell you what it's worth, only you can answer that. to you it might be worth the cost but the person telling you it's worth £xxx.xx might value it at double what you do.
  6. Gershon macrumors member


    Jan 28, 2009
    i suggest u wait till next yr.. just like me, i can easily afford a 32gb 3gs but my contract will end next june so im in time for next yr's iphone, so wait. :)
  7. colmaclean macrumors 68000


    Jan 6, 2004
    Depends if you feel the need, the need for speed.
  8. Que macrumors 6502

    Apr 5, 2009
    i have a 3gs and my contract ends next june in time for next years phone too.

Share This Page