Is $44,000,000 in tax payer money too much for vacations?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Hieveryone, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Hieveryone macrumors 68030

Some would say that's nothing. Think about Bill Gates. He eats 44 million for breakfast, so if you ask him if Obama has spent too much on vacations he'd say no.

But your average tax payer who earns 50K a year would probably think it's too much.

If you're an American and pay taxes, please feel free to voice your opinion here.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/05/the-obamas-have-spent-over-44351777-12-in-taxpayer-cash-on-travel/

P.S. Obama was sued because he wanted to hide he spent that much of your taxes on his vacations, but now we know ;)

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Travel != Vacations...

People travel for business you know...

3. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68030

If it was business then why did he want to hide it...

4. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68030

Why are you enraged? Because I posted the news? Blame Obama if you're mad.

He's the one spending 44 million of your money on vacations.

5. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

The article is meaningless without establishing some basis of what was personal vs business related and overall accounting. That aside, everyone on here knows you're fond of trolling.

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

And whether it includes security spending.

7. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    No, the article's rage bait. It's meant to get you all up in arms, frothing at the mouth, and screaming HOW DARE HE about whatever horrible thing they're all up in arms about. It's taking something that's hardly a national secret, taking it out of context, and putting just the right amount of spin on it to make {insert politician here} look bad.

Case in point, Bush spent roughly $20,000,000 flying back and forth to Texas.

...and what does it mean? It means it doesn't matter if you're a democrat or a republican, flying Air Force One is an expensive endeavor.

8. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

That is also important. My point was mainly that it relies on a shockingly large number for a headline rather than providing real reporting or a breakdown of how they arrived at that number. You can see the site is just going after low hanging fruit from a glance at their main page.

Note the link above. The site is just a right wing masturbatory aid.

9. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Yeah, I noticed it. I'd say my left wing post is equally as bad, because both are going for stupid shock value, or acting as a stupid shocking counterpoint to some other stupid shock value article.

I wonder how many millions of dollars a year it costs to keep the White House staffed, powered, and plumbed? Makes you think that maybe Obama should spend more time turning off a few lights when he leaves a room rather than wasting taxpayer money by thoughtlessly blowing through the electricity, huh? Eco-friendly presidency MY ASS! :mad:

10. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

I'd say Obama must be doing a pretty good job considering the quality of "scandals" his enemies are trying to use...

11. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68030

I bet no one can answer this-

If you guys think it's nothing, explain to me why Obama had to be sued to release it huh?

Why was Obama hiding it?

12. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Yours at least doesn't try to politicize the most trivial things. Note the headline. Ah it doesn't show up as a headline. On the main page it says

13. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68030

Yeah that explains why he's considered the worst President since WWII.

14. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

I don't get how this is supposed to be a scandal? It isn't vacations here but travel. OP needs to read stories properly!

Any such survey is going to be biased against the current one, just how these things work. If this survey is conducted again in, say 2020, Obama's disapproval rating will drop significantly.

15. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

It's enough to make you want to beat your head against something, isn't it? That's not news. It's not even a scandal. It's bashing for bashings shake.

16. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Remember to only trust statistics you've fabricated yourself !! :eek:

17. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

According to the article, the finances of the White House aren't subject to the FOIA, and aren't otherwise publicly available. The only way anyone could access them would be to sue for the information.

Whether that's the actual reason or not, I have no idea. Like everything in that link, I'd take it with a few grains of salt.

18. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I know plenty of people who were given a car for their birthday. It's a perfectly legitimate middle class gift.

19. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68030

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/2/obama-worst-president-wwii-new-poll-shows/

Nope, truth.

----------

Still doesn't explain why Obama didn't say when asked in the first place.

Guilty mind.

20. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Only if you choose to construe it that way. There are any number of reasons why they keep that information private, and at least half of them, I'm sure, would be for security reasons.

21. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Myself, I'm finding this recent proliferation of links requiring liberal doses of salt makes it difficult to maintain a systolic blood pressure of ~110. I'm thinking of cutting the high-salt threads from my diet.

22. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68030

Next thing you'll say is the reason why Obama said you can keep your health insurance if you like it is because of security reasons.

23. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

I bought one of those big salt blocks farmers give to cows that I eat into when threads like this come up. I'm only halfway through with it, and I am NOT gonna let the rest go to waste. Hypertension be damned!

----------

[​IMG]

24. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I was referring to their line "no crappy minimum wage job". The authors were using it as a way to take a jab at recent discussions over minimum wage, as that fits in with the rest of their hack journalism.