Is 57 % battery bad in 8 hours? iPhone 6

Jason1978

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
So I used it moderately, have background refresh and location services for most apps turned off. I also set the phone up as new. Generally speaking is this considered poor battery life?

I know there are many variables but considering I didn't talk on it, have most things turned off, moderately browsed fb, and texted occasionally I am not sure if this is good or not.

Thanks guys

nevesis

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
So I used it moderately, have background refresh and location services for most apps turned off. I also set the phone up as new. Generally speaking is this considered poor battery life?

I know there are many variables but considering I didn't talk on it, have most things turned off, moderately browsed fb, and texted occasionally I am not sure if this is good or not.

Thanks guys
8 hours of usage?

Jason1978

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
8 hours? That's pretty amazing. Unless all you're doing with your phone is checking the battery life :rolleyes:

Well the thing is it's not straight usage. I'm working now so I don't use my phone that much while I'm at work, so not sure if that's still good. Right now it's 52%. So I dropped 5 % by just being in my car (Bluetooth) on my bank run and posting here

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Well the thing is it's not straight usage. I'm working now so I don't use my phone that much while I'm at work, so not sure if that's still good. Right now it's 52%. So I dropped 5 % by just being in my car (Bluetooth) on my bank run and posting here
it will say

there will be two numbers in "usage"

one says Usage

one says Standby

eneisch

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
Under Setting/General/Usage/Battery Usage it will tell you usage time and standby time. It will also show you which apps are using the most power. Report back on your usage time and standby time and we can give a better opinion. Note that plugging the phone in to recharge will reset the counter.

Hope this helps.

Jason1978

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Under Setting/General/Usage/Battery Usage it will tell you usage time and standby time. It will also show you which apps are using the most power. Report back on your usage time and standby time and we can give a better opinion. Note that plugging the phone in to recharge will reset the counter.

Hope this helps.

Ok I will report back tomorrow

Thanks

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Ok I will report back tomorrow

Thanks
also have you followed battery life tips? the phone battery improves after a few days also once you turned it on for the first time, as the phone starts indexing all your files and everything.

I highly suggest following the battery tips for your i6, my i6 is getting amazing battery life

Jason1978

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
also have you followed battery life tips? the phone battery improves after a few days also once you turned it on for the first time, as the phone starts indexing all your files and everything.

I highly suggest following the battery tips for your i6, my i6 is getting amazing battery life

Where are these battery life tips?

CrackerJackToy

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2011
Wow, thats it?

Ive been using my 6+ the last 9 hours. 1.5 hours were spent using bluetooth headphones (HUGE battery killer) and I'm at 80% battery remaining.

So yes, 57% is awful in comparison but probably good for just a regular 6.

Coupz

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2013
Battery usage is not linear. So everyone who is posting a screenshot above 1-3% is useless for everyone. Please post only when you are under 5%

LostMyiPhone

macrumors 6502
Dec 19, 2012
I'm on my 2nd iPhone 6 model (for non-battery reasons). I plugged this one in out of the box and let it get to 100%. That was 21 hours ago. Right now, as I type this, I'm at --

Usage: 9H 34m
Standby: 20H 47m

I have 12% battery left.

This is the FIRST full depletion of this particular model. My other one that I'm sending back had very similar results, though, not until after the first drain/fill cycle. It was pretty bad at first, then the 2nd fill/drain was better, then it just got insanely good!! I really like the battery on the iPhone 6 so far.

r-m

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2010
I'm on my 2nd iPhone 6 model (for non-battery reasons). I plugged this one in out of the box and let it get to 100%. That was 21 hours ago. Right now, as I type this, I'm at --

Usage: 9H 34m
Standby: 20H 47m

I have 12% battery left.

This is the FIRST full depletion of this particular model. My other one that I'm sending back had very similar results, though, not until after the first drain/fill cycle. It was pretty bad at first, then the 2nd fill/drain was better, then it just got insanely good!! I really like the battery on the iPhone 6 so far.
Is that the 6 or 6 Plus?
Also, what was the issue with your battery the first time round?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.