IS 6:30 normal battery life for a 2010 MBP connected online via smartphone tether?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chris666wtf, Aug 29, 2010.

1. chris666wtf macrumors newbie

2010 MBP, 13.3in

my 3G enabled smartphone is my only means of internet access so i tether pretty often. is 6:30 okay? also, is this bad for my macbook's battery? because as far as i know there is no way to prevent my Droid from charging itself when connected to the laptop (the "battery leeching" effect)....plus the power drain of the battery itself.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, it's not bad for the battery, even if it drains it faster.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: Apple Notebook Battery FAQ

3. Reelknead1 macrumors 6502

Sounds normal to me. The internet is can be more of a CPU consumer than many people think especally with flash pages. Also your charging your phone off the battery. I wouldn't worry about it.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I've never gotten more than five and half hours, so that looks pretty good.

5. CaoCao macrumors 6502a

it's fine, if you disable flash it will more than compensate for charging your 3G smartphone

6. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

its fine, its probably connected to the phone and charging it so that takes some power, your probably downloading small files and browsing quite swiftly, so its great battery life

7. RedReplicant macrumors 6502a

That's not bad, it's right around what I do with wireless disabled and decent screen brightness.