iPad Is an ipad worth it to learn music and record vocals?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Alundra, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Alundra macrumors regular

Hello everyone!

I already have a Samsung note 2 and I love it for taking notes in college. Would the ipad make it easier for me taking notes?

And is it viable to learn music on it with its accessories to learn piano, guitar and the microfone adapter to record vocals?

Can the garage band app record vocals?

Thanks in advance!

2. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

I'd be interested in the info as well.

I was researching that last week and found it allows midi input to GarageBand as well as guitar input to a certain program using an adaptor. Recording audio through the port would be helpful.

As for learning instruments, any document reader can help with that. To a certain extent. There might be specific programs that allow the iPad to hear what you are doing and comment on it.

3. kanselmo macrumors member

The iPad is a GREAT tool for music and you can do a tremendous amount with it. Garageband is pretty good, but there are tons of other apps as well for recording and composing - and tons of instrument apps. It's being adopted for a lot of consumer hardware as well

I've used mine to record my band's rehearsal (with an Alesis IODock interface) and have put in overdubs on top of that - it's more notepad than studio but still very slick. My buddy uses his to play synth parts. It's also a good way to bring sheet music around if you use that. Finally, for learning and practicing music try out the app called "iRealB" - you can download real book style song charts and have it play back accompaniment. I use this all the time and it is awesome!!