IS ANY ONE PAYING 1500 FOR X PHONE?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by browser740, Sep 26, 2017.

1. browser740 macrumors member

The real cost is close to 1500. I can't believe anyone really wants a 64gb phone, so the only alternative is 256... which brings you TO 1,150.00.... And then for the person that can afford that amount of money, you throw in AppleCare... for the minor cost of 200.00.. which brings you to 1350.00... THEN don't forget sales tax of 8%... which brings us to 1450... let's just say 1500.... IS THAT WHAT YOUR NEXT PHONE WILL COST?

And don't forget the new wireless charger(s) your going to get... One for the living room and of course the bedroom... AND how about a 29 watt charger (for really fast charging). with the additional cable you will need for the charger... ANOTHER 200.00 BUCKS....

2. MOASLON macrumors member

MOASLON

Planning on getting Iphone X 256gb, but no addons.

Have few questions though:

1. Is there more chance of getting an Iphone X by pre-ordering it or is there a high chance that it will be in stores on 3rd of November if I got there for the store opening?

2. Is it really worth getting £200 Apple care kit? In the worst case scenario, how much would it cost to replace the front screen?

Thanks in advance!

3. oneteam, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017

oneteam macrumors regular

I'm going to buy the iPhone X 256gb, no apple care thou. It'd be around $1,250, considering 6.5% sales tax in Cincinnati

4. titrau macrumors 65816

titrau

5. USC_Gamecock macrumors 6502

USC_Gamecock

Why are you using such a large font size?

6. Haemorrhage macrumors member

Haemorrhage

Visually challenged, maybe?

7. USC_Gamecock macrumors 6502

USC_Gamecock

There are settings in OS and iOS for those cases that do not require typing in huge fonts. It's really cool -- it even makes other peoples' fonts larger, like magic!

/sarcasm off

8. MjWoNeR macrumors 6502

MjWoNeR

$1500 with Apple Care? You lucky ***!

We are going to pay $1630 without Apple Care. Not even a case. Just the phone.

9. Bane-Thunder macrumors 6502

Firstly, I'm not buying the phone outright upgrading via my network.

Secondly I have never gotten Apple Care and never will as i don't need it. I don't crack my screens or lose my phones.

Thirdly, I have no interest in wireless charging and will not use the feature, I had an S8 and never used wireless charging at all. Its easy to just plug and charge as per usual.

Stop assuming you need all these accessories to enjoy a new phone. And stop assuming people will be buying this phone outright most will get them on contracts as they've done with every iPhone prior to this one.

That said I'm looking forward to my silver 256gb iPhone X

10. MOASLON macrumors member

MOASLON

Are you pre-ordering it or going to try and buy it in store on the 3rd Nov?

11. Bane-Thunder macrumors 6502

I'm pre-ordering via my network provider they told me to call them on Oct 27th to pre-order my iPhone X as an upgrade to my contract. So I'm not buying the phone outright.

I did this last Sept for the iPhone 7 and it was delivered on launch day.

12. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Not any more than I plan on using ALL CAPS titles or writing posts in size 100 font.

13. Duncanator macrumors 6502

Duncanator

You can’t believe anyone would want a 64GB phone? Lol I have a 64GB 8+ with EVERYTHING I use installed.....I have 52 GB of storage available? Why would I spend the extra $200 for the 256GB 8+ or basically DOUBLE the cost for a 256GB X? Just because your usage is different does not mean 64GB is not adequate. Just last year people were griping that there was no 64GB option since it was the “perfect” amount. No one is ever satisfied are they?

14. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

Which carrier is offering you a discounted price on the iPhone X as an "upgrade to your contract" and what is that discounted price?

I tried getting a discounted rate for an iPhone 8 yesterday from AT&T as a 12 year customer with an iPhone 6 that's out of contract and they told me they are offering no discounts whatsoever.

15. Nozuka macrumors 68020

never ordered with apple care and never needed it.. saved enough money by now to pay for it myself if something should go wrong.

16. nasa25 macrumors 65816

With apple care, the 256gb x is basically $2k in Canada.

$2k....on a phone.

17. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

I'll be paying 1229 after taxes... Applecare is a rip-off, never got it and never needed it. And there are plenty of sub $20 wireless chargers on amazon that work just as well as the overpriced ones that are "endorsed" by Apple.... Apparently Apple tax is not just for items with the apple logo on it any more.

18. Phasism Suspended

19. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Yes. That is exactly what I am doing. Any other questions OP?

20. Treyhunna macrumors regular

Treyhunna

underrated post.

21. Longkeg macrumors 6502

I’ll preorder on the 27th and then forget about it. With all the rumors of supply shortages and production delays I fully expect that my 256gb iPhone X won’t be in hand until well in to 2018. I won’t be checking the shipping status every 6 hours as I have with previous iPhone orders. It will come when it gets here.
    And yes, I’ll be paying full price happily!

22. ACST Suspended

Why do people think that 1500 dollars has the same monetary value for everyone?

I mean TS may think it's a ****ton of money but for someone making 100k+ a year, that's not a ****ton of money. And such a person also won't care about spending an extra few hundreds.

23. browser740 thread starter macrumors member

I'm 60 and it's hard to see the regular font.

24. 4ppleg1rl macrumors regular

Omg I thought my cat stepped on my laptop and zoomed the browser in, I started shouting at her! That was, of course, before I realised it was just you.

What I really wanted to come here and say is that some people actually do like the 64GB so how about you don't knock it eh. Not all of us take 2044904294 photos of our genitals!

Also, wireless chargers cost about a tenner, Apple Care is overpriced, just get insurance for like 10 a month and similarly, if you don't like the price of the iPhone X then DON'T BUY IT :)

25. appledarklord Suspended

for the person that can afford that amount of money,
    also fast charge cable, fast charge charger, apple official wireless dock...which would be around 200 dollars total.
    then becomes $1700, without a case and a screen cover
    and if you break the screen or back, still need to pay to recover.
    and US price is the cheapest in the world, European country is like 20%, 30% more.