Is anybody beginning to personally dislike Jobs?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by ryanwarsaw, Sep 11, 2008.

?

Is anybody beginning to to dislike Steve Jobs?

1. No.

157 vote(s)
    68.6%
  2. Yes.

28 vote(s)
    12.2%
  3. I personally like him but think he is losing credibility by making claims that are too large.

34 vote(s)
    14.8%
  4. I have begun to hate him.

10 vote(s)
    4.4%
  1. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

I answered #3 that he is beginning to lose credibility. When I first saw him I really thought he was great. These days I think he says more and more things he knows are dishonest. Please submit your opinion. Maybe there should be more poll options as well.

2. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I wouldn't be able to answer, what with me not having personally met the fellow an' all.

3. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

I answered that I don't believe he is and therefore I still respect him.

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Why would I personally dislike a person without having met him or her? :confused:

5. ryanwarsaw thread starter macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

Perhaps anybody of celebrity status can be disliked by people they have never met.

6. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

I'm not quite sure what you're referring to here about him losing his credibility... I mean heck, did he lie about new iPods or something ("And now I as Steve Jobs would like to introduce the new iPod Nano... JK, we didn't actually do anything")? I don't think so.

7. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Hating what someone represents is different from "personally disliking" someone.

8. Trip.Tucker Guest

Huh? How would you possibly know? You don't know him personally. This is a stupid poll.

9. ryanwarsaw thread starter macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

Anyway semantics (I shouldn't have said personally) aside I think it is obvious that I am asking if people are beginning to dislike or distrust him. the title of the thread is off but the actual question of the poll is only stated as dislike.

People seem to be ignoring the fact that personally has several nuances.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/personally

10. ryanwarsaw thread starter macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

Isn't that my right if I personally feel that way?

This is turning into a thread that is about like arguing over the name Itouch or Ipod touch or iPod touch.

According to prior logic it can't be personal because nobody here has met me.

11. Trip.Tucker Guest

You know, you don't have to have support to rage quit. Just do it.

I'm not going to play your silly "I didn't get what I wanted Apple to make for me, so I'm going to start a flame-fest" game. It's pointless.

12. ryanwarsaw thread starter macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

I haven't said anything that is even remotely rageful. I asserted earlier that I am merely beginning to put less belief into what the man says. I should have worded the poll more appropriately but I am hardly in some fit of rage.

13. TheBonk macrumors 6502

TheBonk

I still respect him because he did alot of great stuff in his day. I just think that he's losing his charm. The reality distortion field didn't seem to be there on Tuesday. Maybe he's been doing this too long. After all, the man has been in business for 32 years.

14. ryanwarsaw thread starter macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

Thank you for a sincere and well thought post. I agree with you on that. Maybe we have just seen the same show too many times.

15. wako macrumors 65816

can you share with us what he said that was dishonest? :confused:

and why the hell would you have EVER trusted any businessmen to begin with? Even if he was my father I still wouldnt trust him simply because hes a businessmen.

16. CristobalHuet macrumors 65816

CristobalHuet

17. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

18. chedda macrumors 6502

Changed ?

I don't dislike him but i believe he has changed a little possibly with success, revenue and becoming more mainstream. However this could all be from the amount of media attention he and apple get nowadays. Somehow the itunes store doesn't hold the same ethos has creating the power mac . I liked it more as a niche market with him as an underdog, we all wished him success he got it .........

19. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    aw gee, that must make him human:rolleyes:

20. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Regardless of the fact that I don't know him, it's a well-known fact amongst old Mac users that he isn't exactly a nice guy. Never was, and never will be. The company which he's CEO of can make some great products, but that should be detached from Steve Jobs, the human being. The man does park in handicap parking spots and isn't handicap. :rolleyes:

He's an absolute tosser, but CEO of a great company. And he make Jon Ive head of design. ;)

21. nick9191 macrumors 68040

I hate the way he puts down Microsoft when he can't even create a phone that doesn't crash 3 times a day, or a web service that works.

He's a good CEO, but a person, he is a real douchebag.

22. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

I chose three, I find no reason to personally hate him, but I do think him saying to the media the "Let's Rock" event was a huge thing was the overstatement of the century.

23. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Considering three of four of the available poll responses are reinforcing your (negative) query, it's pretty evident what you are aiming at, even if you don't think you are. It's called a loaded poll.

You don't work for the New York Times/Fox News, do ya'? :p

As far as "personally" disliking anything or anyone, doesn't it stand to reason that all dislikes are by their very nature personal?

24. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Now, there's a surprise. :rolleyes:

I like him from what I have seen, for his role in creating the modern technological world and for the job he has done at Apple. I voted as such.

25. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

lol. you genuinely surprised with me not liking SJ?

Here is one of the problems with SJ that I dislike:

He is dishonest.