Is anybody else impressed by the lack of heat?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by DougFNJ, Jan 8, 2016.

1. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

I've had my 12" rMacbook for about 2 weeks now. I have put it through it's paces with multi-tasking, running processor intensive apps, Safari with Flash, and I am so thoroughly impressed at how well this device can keep up with what I am throwing at it. I was really skeptical when I bought it on whether I was going to keep it, or go back to my 13" rMacbook Pro. My decision has definitely been made (Spoiler alert, I'm keeping it).

Today I think I did more on it then I have so far and where my Macbook Pro would be pretty hot at this point with fans running, this is slightly warm. Just an observation that really impressed me that I figured I'd throw out there.

2. boltjames macrumors 68030

boltjames

Excitedly waiting for a MacBook Air user to tell you how the lack of heat is a "flaw" in the product and that Apple should know that a notebook is supposed to keep one's lap warm on cold winter days.

BJ

3. SteveJUAE macrumors 68000

SteveJUAE

Yes I notice that defect too, must take it to the genius bar and get it warmed up :D

4. Z3man macrumors 6502a

Wait until dogslobber hears about this, another major issue with the MB, he will advise to wait for the second generation as it is rumoured to run at 200 degrees.

5. lite426 macrumors regular

I'm fairly impressed by the lack of heat, but I'd've be more impressed had we not all already been spoiled with fanless computers for a while now i.e. iPads etc. Then again in this weather I actually like heat at the bottom to warm my lap up. The cold bare aluminium can be uncomfortable sometimes. Not even joking here, I sometimes load up an intensive game just to warm the laptop up in the morning when it's totally cold. It's also why I put a case on my iPod Touch - don't care about the protection, just hate touching cold metal. Also where I am we're in the coldest winter days. Let's wait until summer.