iPad Is anybody selling their iPad Air to put it toward the 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bobright, Sep 25, 2014.

1. bobright macrumors 601

I'm thinking about it right now would be the perfect time if the next gen will be rolling out in a month or so.

I was fine with my Air until I got my iPhone 6 and fell in love with the TouchID now I must have it on my iPad. Then the supposed 2GB of RAM? That thing is going to be a beast. Damn you apple. Lol

2. Angriff macrumors member

I probably will, for Touch ID, hopefully 2 GB RAM (no i don't think 1 GB is an issue on the phones, but the iPad definitely seems like it needs the ram since it mostly loads desktop sites and larger assets in other apps), laminated screen, and to go from 16 GB to 32 or 64 GB. Interestingly, iOS 8 got me to go back to a 16 GB phone with limiting Messages history and upcoming iCloud Photo Library, but I still want a bigger iPad to load HD TV and Movies onto before longer trips, etc.

3. JackieInCo macrumors 601

Mine has been on CL now for a week. I think the next thing is to lower the price to $400. It's the 32GB WiFi Air. Only got scammers interested who wanted me to ship. One guy is selling a 32GB LTE Air for $440.

4. Ulisescm macrumors regular

Ulisescm

I just got the air, I'm gonna wait for air 3 or whatever is called.:rolleyes:

5. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Good call. I got the 32GB as well and an official Leather case hell I'll be happy with $400 for everything.

6. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I'm including the black Apple smart cover with it.

7. DribbleCastle macrumors regular

DribbleCastle

This will be the first year in a while where I plan to stay put with last years Air. I'm sure they will make it tempting but I have a new financial situation this fall and decided that the iPhone 6 was gonna be the only new toy for me this fall. So far I'm happy with my decision.

8. HarryWarden macrumors 6502a

I'm considering selling mine as well. Probably to Amazon because it is less hassle than Craigslist or eBay.

9. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

Is anybody selling their iPad Air to put it toward the 2?

Idk yet. What's a 128 gb cellular iPad Air jb on 7.1.2 with ac plus go for? Mint condition with a STM dux case

10. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

iPad has just been listed to eBay this will be my last toy for awhile. Both 6 and soon to be Air 2, will be pretty much be set for the next 3-4 years.

11. Ledgem macrumors 65816

Ledgem

Famous last words ;)

12. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

I don't get it

13. iPadDad macrumors 6502

iPadDad

I usually upgrade every 2 years when my contract is up, but seen that I got my iPad 3 half way through the year in 2012, so I am holding out for the Air 2, I can wait for a performance hike, pls be 2G of ram!!

14. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Nope. I'm sitting good with my Air. It's been a beast for me and never let me down. I must have got a good one or one that accidentally had 2GB or RAM. :D

15. Ledgem macrumors 65816

Ledgem

It's a joking/friendly way of saying "I don't believe it."

16. Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

I'm sticking with my iPad Air. Only think that might compel me to sell would be if the Air 2 gets 2 GB RAM. But when the iPhone 6 Plus didn't get a RAM boost, I'm not expecting the Air 2 to get a boost. I suspect an iPad Pro might get more RAM but I probably won't get either since the Air is plenty big enough.

17. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

about to sell my iPad mini 1 to get an iPad mini 3.

18. Squilly macrumors 68020

Squilly

Trying to sell my Air 16gb w/ LTE for $430 through Swappa. Including $180 worth of accessories apparently doesn't tempt anyone to bite.

19. matttye macrumors 601

Keeping my iPad 2 a bit longer, don't feel the need to update tablets as often as phones.

20. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

My 9 months old iPad Air 32GB space grey wifi/LTE is fine I don't think I will need Air 2, I don't care much about Touch ID because I never use it. @GB ram would be nice but so far 1GB ram got less problem. I will wait and see what AT&T is calling me. :apple:

21. McPc macrumors 6502

McPc

Having just sunk a bit of money into an iPhone 6plus I won't be upgrading my IPad Air just yet. Maybe next year and a possible 12" model in 2015 has me curious.

22. JackieInCo macrumors 601

People don't seem to be interested in buying iPad Airs right now. Every day I see the same old iPad listed in CL and none of them are lowering the price. Most are between $430-$500 for 32GB models.

I lowered mine to $400 with smart cover and have not had one bite in three days.

23. aneftp macrumors 601

People are crazy. iPad airs and iPads and other tablet resel values have tanked. Apple and retailers have discounted iPads air like never before. Staples was selling 32gb for $469.

http://slickdeals.net/f/7166586-apple-ipad-air-9-7-tablet-w-retina-32gb-469-16gb-369-free-shipping

Most retailers have promos from time to time. A lot of us got $100 target gift cards way back in November during Black Friday when iPad Air was still considered a new product.

The days of high resell value for iPads are over. You aren't going to find many suckers. Seriously if you got an iPad air for $500 32gb. Ain't nobody going to pay more than $400 for it used even in new condition.

24. jbrettz macrumors member

Put my wife's air 32g on craigslist week ago Saturday, received offer for $300, then no calls for three days then on Wednesday i received three texts from interested parties, sold it for $425 that day. Did not feel I needed to upgrade but decided if I could sell it $400 then I would do it otherwise I would wait and not upgrade.

I have always sold my iPad's on craiglist with success. the key is to sell it at least a month ahead of the new launch before the regular press starts talking about the new iPads.

Brett:)

25. blcfla macrumors regular

I just got back into a 32GB Air I picked up factory refurb for $439 shipped to me with the standard 1 year warranty.

I've had an iPad 2, 3, Mini 1, and Mini Retina. The first three sold real quick for great $$$ but the Mini Retina sat on Craigslist for 2 weeks with a few low ball e-mails but nothing worth considering. Sold it on eBay eventually but not for nearly what I wanted. I do believe the resale on iPads is headed downhill considering there are so many out there now.

Same with iPhones 5S and lower...

Im sticking with the Air for a good bit, have no need for touchID on a tablet but we'll see what comes out!