Is anyone else pissed off that The Weather Channel Max hasn't been updated for iOS4?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by sparkles61785, Jul 18, 2010.

1. sparkles61785 macrumors regular

I'm really upset and frustrated at the fact that The Weather Channel Max has not been updated in almost 8 months! However, the free version is updated quite frequently. In fact, the free version received the iOS4 update recently, and the max version has not been updated to support iOS4. TWC Max even tried to pacify customers by posting on 5/21 that a new update would arrive soon. Well it's July 18th and we still haven't received any updates!!! If this was a $.99 app, I don't think I would be quite as furious. But for $3.99, we should be getting better treatment. :mad::mad::mad:

By the way, why are people still purchasing the app despite the negative recent reviews? It should not be #1, and in the top 100.

I can't figure out how to contact the developers. Any assistance in that regard would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. SexyBeast macrumors regular

I don't think anyone is upset because it's a weather app. An app for weather...yeah.

3. sparkles61785 thread starter macrumors regular

Actually, I think at least 500 people are upset as indicated by the negative reviews. Maybe a weather app isn't useful for you, but it's useful for me, and I'm sure countless others.

I can say with certainty that if you spent $4 on ANY app, you would be upset if it was never updated, but the lite version was consistently updated. Any person that purchased the app was duped, so they have reason to be upset.

4. TechJunky macrumors regular

Max works fine for me on ios4. Were you just wanting an updated resolution or what?

5. sparkles61785 thread starter macrumors regular

- Multitasking/Quick app switching (like the free version)
    - Pollen count (Like the free version)
    - New UI that was promised

6. sinsin07 macrumors 68040

You are unbelievable. Get a grip. If you are getting that pissed off about 4 bucks then the iPhone is not for you. The iPhone is about sit and wait.

7. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

I'm too pissed off about dropped calls to be pissed off about The Weather Channel app!

8. TechJunky macrumors regular

Meh, I mainly use it for the info so as long as it works I'm happy. I couldn't even get it to load without crashing for the first month.

But it does annoy me that on the forecast page, in the word "tomorrow" the "w" gets moved to another line. So both the forecast for "tomorrow" and "tomorrow night" look jacked up.

9. Mitchelino macrumors 6502

I don't have this app, but I can understand your frustration. I decided to wait until after iOS 4 before I bought a weather app (I've always been using the Apple one).

I recently purchased AccuWeather Quick for $0.99. It's cheap shows just the basics. It might not be for you, though, as it doesn't have pollen count or advanced stuff like that.

If people can get pissed off by Facebook* or Skype (free apps) not updating quick enough, then I think the OP has to right to be pissed at a $4 app not being updated yet. I know I'd be pissed if AccuWeather had better support for their free app than their paid app.

*I realize Facebook has been updated for iOS 4. I'm referring to it not being updated for iOS 3 right away, back in the day