Is anyone else scanning their finger... not on the 5S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by antman2x2, Sep 27, 2013.

1. antman2x2 macrumors 6502a

I find my self trying to unlock my iPad and my iPod touch with my finger by scanning it and than after holding my finger there and being confused... I realize there is no touch ID.

Please tell me im not the only one doing this. :)

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Since the MBA is the only other electronic I have? No, not trying to unlock it with Touch ID ;)

But I'm glad to hear you like Touch ID so much you are trying to use it on other things. It's really convenient.

Me personally? I want Touch ID on my front door :D

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Yes!!! Every freaking time, now! I've got an iPad, the 4S and the 5 and it doesn't matter which one I pick up, I find myself pressing the button and holding my finger there for a moment….then wondering why it's asking for my passcode!! LMAO

4. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

Is anyone else scanning their finger... not on the 5S?

They do or did make biometric door looks.

But yea I keep for getting my mini doesn't have it.

5. drewfus macrumors 6502

drewfus

Haha...yes, I'm continually doing this with my iPad Mini.

6. justiny macrumors 6502

justiny

I'm actually growing irritated that my iPad, wife's iPad mini, and wife's iPhone 4S all don't have Touch ID... Only because my brain has now adjusted to my 5S a little too much!

Count me in.

7. antman2x2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes! I hope it's added to every ios device!

8. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

Um you need to swipe left to right on the lock screen before the device ask you the passcode. Nice try though.

9. mizzourah macrumors regular

Ha ha. the wife and I are doing it as well. We keep holding our fingers over our ipad 2s after pressing the home button. It's making us wish for Touch ID on the next ipad release. Then we will likely buy! But we are finding ourselves doing it on the ipads. We laugh each time.

10. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I have a feeling I'll be doing that on my iPad after a while with a 5S. I think my mom has that same issue the couple of times she has driven my car. She has a keyless car. She just needs the little $8 million (I exaggerate, slightly) electronic device in her purse or pocket to start the car with a button. So I imagine when I had her drive my car once last year it was probably a bit like that.

When I go visit my parents, I still sometimes will take turns just out of habit from driving certain places instead of my usual route, back to my place. I'm sure I'm one of millions who does that.

11. Matt8045 macrumors regular

I just got back from a bar and let
    Me tell you ingot to make out with two hot girls at once I just made soome jokes and showed of the fingerprint unlock. Srs goin to bed now thank u Steve

12. justiny macrumors 6502

justiny

Quoted for excellence.

I don't even care if it's fiction... He managed to capitalize the 's' in Steve in a supposed drunken state. That's classy.

Well done, young man.

13. iBighouse macrumors 6502a

iBighouse

You won't need it on your front door. Once iBeacons use kicks in and if you have other BLE iOS devices around the house, your locks on your doors will know it's you and will unlock for you automagically!

I can see a very near future where as you arrive home late at night your iWatch also with touch ID will tell the garage door to open lights to come on and doors will unlock as you reach for them. You'll be able to walk from room to room and have your Phillips hue lighting system theatrically follow you throughout your house, turning on and then dimming and turning off lights as you pass through your house....all without ever touching a light switch!

Oh, as far as Touch ID on my current iPad? Yup, my finger keeps insisting it's there!

14. user-name-here macrumors 65816

:eek:

[​IMG]

Please make sure Apple hires you for their long-term-project design team.

15. Jades macrumors 6502

Happens to me all the time with my iPad
    I really hope the next iPad has this Touch ID

16. n2deep macrumors member

We have been at the beach all we so I put my Lifeproof case on from my IP5 and I constantly try to unlock my phone using my thumb. I wonder what Lifeproof is going to do to solve this problem on the next case.

17. MVallee macrumors 6502a

MVallee

Keeps happening to me with my iPad. Hopefully Apple are planning to add touch ID to the next gen iPads.

18. highlightshadow macrumors regular

I'll say one thing ... i'm finding my corporate policy-locked iPhone 4S (with mandatory 6-digit pin) a ROYAL pain in the backside now compared to my 5S

Cannot wait until November when i'm due an upgrade at work... assuming 5s is certified :)

19. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Ummm….yeah, I didn't say I was or wasn't swiping.