Is anyone else slightly disappointed with the new iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sigooner, Sep 16, 2012.

1. sigooner macrumors member

I mean they seem to be showing off features that aren't really that impressive, nano sim, 1gb ram. Hmm I'm considering the Samsung s3 :confused:

2. ceiph macrumors regular

3. alangrehan macrumors regular

Why do people get so worked up about the ram? A computer with 1GB ram can outperform a computer with 2GB ram as there are so many variables like processor speed/architecture and most importantly software. Since Apple make the software themselves and the phone is not full of bloatware... 1GB ram should be sufficient.

4. 725032 Guest

I wouldnt consider this spam... I am dissapointed with the 5.

Having recently bought a Nexus 7 and love it, i too am considering trying an S3

5. sigooner thread starter macrumors member

Haha sorry everyone. I really want to get the new iPhone. I was just expecting more. Thanks to Corbijnal for clearing up the ram.

6. enophi1 macrumors 6502a

enophi1

I was disappointed sure, but only due to the screen size, I was hoping they would have made a larger screen like this one, without too much of the free edge, and of course it wouldn't be made of plastic like the image below, it'd still be glass or slate.

[​IMG]

Other than that, I think once we get the new iphone 5 in our hands (Friday!!!) we are not going to care, we are going to love it!

7. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

8. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Nope. Not disappointed at all. Seems that the millions of other people who pre-ordered aren't either. The people who are nitpicking over RAM and other internal specs are not the audience that Apple is targeting anyways. So, this is mostly a niche discussion for enthusiasts of one camp or the other.

9. noteple macrumors 65816

For all of those who are disappointed its your lucky day.

iPhone 5 sales will be pushing the S3 into a two for one and $99 phone special market much sooner.

Samsung for the Holidays woo hoo!

10. Dannyking macrumors newbie

Dannyking

Have you watched the keynote? The design and precision engineering that goes into the iPhone (and all Apple products for that matter) and obsessive approach to their work is why they fail less than any other phone.

I work for a mobile network in the UK as a tech advisor and after the amount of S3's I have sent away in the last few months and seeing them come back with broken screens after BEING IN THEIR POCKETS I say your welcome to have one, personally, Android is an opperating system for the geek that thinks he wants open source and custom this and custom that but most of the time they dont do any of it......they just hate on Apple!

11. shortcrust macrumors 6502

Funny how some people are content for their opinions to form part of a wider discussion in one of the many other threads on the subject, whereas a small minority clearly feel that their opinion is so important that it deserves a thread all of its own.:confused:

12. AFDoc macrumors 68030

You couldn't add this to one of the other threads asking the same question?

You want to move on to the S3 do it, no need to come here and tell us about it. What is it with people HAVING to tell people they are moving to another phone. I guess I'll never understand that overwhelming need to share my every day choices with others.

13. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

Yeah, i'm very disappointed.

NOT! :) Can't wait for FRIDAY!

14. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

if the processor is actually very powerful, 1gb of RAM is better for us b.c it saves battery.

15. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

the loss of audio and video out very is disappointing. If they do the same with the ipad it may be a while before I upgrade.