Is anyone else tired of compulsively checking usage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by froll, Nov 13, 2011.

1. froll macrumors member

This is not a battery thread. I'm done worrying about the battery and more tired of the OCD checking of usage to compare with others. I think I just want to enjoy the phone now with full knowledge that I may have to charge it when needed. This is my first iPhone having come from years of a BB. My wife and children are tired of me saying "look at this", "look at that", "look what I can do". I think I'll just focus on annoying them rather then my battery meter. My children (who are grown) constantly complained that I never responded to their text messages on the BB. Now, they are begging me to stop since every text starts off with "Siri and I ........"

2. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I had a Bb for years for the soul purpose of battery. The next best modern Smartphone in terms of battery was the iPhone. So I got it. As long as your usage is 6 or So hours you are getting what it's supposed to be. My friends androids lay like 4 hours lol

3. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

What does your usage look like. And are you adjusting the obvious battery settings to help prolong life

4. nfl46 macrumors 603

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A334)

Nope, I never look at my usage.

5. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Not here. I'm grandfathered in with unlimited.

6. b24pgg macrumors 65816

7. applefan289 macrumors 68000

The usage stated on my iPhone seems to be incorrect, so I check it rarely.

8. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I rarely check. I have AT&T with unlimited data and almost 6,000 R/O minutes that I could never use.

9. sparks9 macrumors 6502a

I think the OP is referring to battery usage, not data usage.

10. nmork macrumors regular

When the 3GS and iOS 3 came out and introduced the battery percentage meter, I enabled it and drove myself insane for quite some time.

I always dock my phone at night and use it as an alarm clock, and I've never had any of my iPhones die during normal daily usage. Eventually I realized that all else aside, the battery was good enough to get me through the day. I turned the meter off and it's staying that way forever.

Also: I've had 0 issues with iOS 5 or 5.0.1 on my AT&T iPhone 4. The life might be shorter or longer, but the difference (if any) is negligible.

In some cases, ignorance truly is bliss. YMMV of course, but turning the percentage off definitely got rid of a lot of my iPhone-related ocd/stress/etc.

11. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I tossed mine in an extended battery case and don't worry about it!

12. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I keep the battery meter disabled, it will drive you insane.

13. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I just use my phone and when it needs to be charged I just charge it. Battery percentage is also turned off.

14. andyx3x macrumors 65816

I'm sure Apple is regretting ever offering a percentage indicator or any app that does the same. It just makes some people way too paranoid.

Same thing with the speedtest app. I'm sure most of the people who use it don't even know what it means and it causes unnecessary stress to most who use it.

15. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

I actual prefer having the percentage indicator. However, I use it as any feature I have with iOS. I use it to check every so often, and in apps, such as Safari, shows the battery percentage, so I don't need to look at it everytime. In my opinion, it does not bother me nor does it get me too paranoid.

16. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

My iPhone 4 easily gives me a full days use and after the recent ios 5.0.1 update it's even better. As long as your getting out of the device what suits your needs then one can get caught up in the dissection of subjects such as battery and screen discussions.

Just enjoy using it.

17. Mr.C macrumors 601

I'm not tired of it because I don't do it in the first place.

18. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

+1:d