Is anyone else tired of having to hear people whine about iOS 6?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by CGagnon, Dec 18, 2012.

1. CGagnon macrumors regular

CGagnon

This forum has turned into a circlejerk of people whining about every little thing about iOS (it's supposed to be the other way around :confused:). It's starting to drive me crazy. There can't be a post about anything iOS related without people whinging about maps, or skeuomorphism, or a particular color they don't like for an icon. We get it--people don't like maps--can we please stop talking about it now?

I joined this forum to have constructive conversations with like-minded people and it is slowly becoming annoying to even read the comments. Or is it just me?

</rant>

2. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure if posting about how you joined to talk to like minded people, and then complaining that nobody is like minded is really the way to fix your issues.

3. CGagnon thread starter macrumors regular

CGagnon

Inevitable post pointing out the logic flaw was inevitable. I am curious just if I am the only one that is annoyed by this.

4. DJLC macrumors 6502a

DJLC

I can see how it'd be a little irritating. At the end of the day, they're just phones. If you don't like iOS, use Windows Phone. If you don't like Windows Phone, use Android. If you don't like Android, give Meego a go. If you don't like Meego, get a flip phone.

Yes, iOS has its issues. But no more than any other phone or tablet. And there's certainly no reason to nitpick over things like skeuomorphism and icon colors... Jony Ive is here to fix that stuff anyway. Sit tight.

5. tomjleeds macrumors 6502

Been like that for a while IMO. Everything is just bitching - first at Apple, then at each other.

6. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

This is one of the reasons i've stopped posting unless i have an actual problem with my phone. I don't like getting in arguments about stupid things that don't really matter and we have no control over.

Example would be that is iOS getting stale thread. I wanted to jump in badly yesterday but didn't because its not constructive in my opinion.

Also i'll be switching to Android on my next phone most likely (99% sure i'm switching) but i keep reading because i like to see people complain and i eventually want to see what iOS 7 looks like, which will be available before my upgrade if past schedules hold the same this year.

7. MEJHarrison macrumors 6502a

Doesn't bother me at all. I have a rule. I don't let strangers on the internet influence my mood. When I start to become frustrated or irritated, I just walk away. No point getting upset at a complete stranger over something that ultimately doesn't really matter.

8. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

What makes you think that?

"Talk about the latest iOS" - it doesn't say it has to be "positive".

9. cdcdoc macrumors member

The tendency to whining and complaining may be taken as the surest sign symptom of little souls and inferior intellects.
    Lord Jeffrey

10. darky90 macrumors member

11. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

You started a thread to complain about everyone else who is complaining.

As you mentioned, there are plenty of legitimate problems that people are having with iOS 6. If not here, among peers who have similar experiences and who could (hopefully) offer a solution, then where should people complain?

If you have no problem with (or don't care to join in with the discussion of) the maps, design choices, or lack of features of iOS 6, feel free to skip over those threads.

12. blackburn macrumors 6502a

blackburn

I don't have any problem with iOS 6 but some new features would be great. An example would be an useful lock screen on my iPad. Either way I agree that it needs a face lift. But hey if people complain and have some proof to back it up let them complain.

13. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

There is nothing wrong with critisizing... It's part of discussing in a forum. Best solution for you would be to simply ignore them. And by critisizing, sometimes they mean to find a solution around it.

14. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

iOS then
    [​IMG]
    iOS now
    [​IMG]

Apple needs to innovate more in their mobile OS. It's good, but it's no longer the best due to too many restrictions and over simplicity. I jumped ship to the Note 2 and like it WAY better not just the hardware but Android is way more versatile, has better multitasking and notifications, and is overall more interesting and useful.

15. sectime macrumors 6502a

Do you not understand the difference between complaining and problem solving? One fixes stuff the other is the new normal on Macrumors ;)

----------

Liked it then..... Like it now, enjoy your Note :cool: new is interesting but not intrinsically better.

16. tomjleeds macrumors 6502

Are you actually just outright trolling or what?

17. irDigital0l Guest

I think people actually have some pretty good arguments against iOS 6.

18. kirky29 macrumors 65816

kirky29

I've had the iPhone since just 'iPhone'. Earlier this year I tried switching to Windows Phone. Didn't last more than a week, I jumped back to iPhone.
    Then a few months after that I tried moving to Android, got a Galaxy S3...loved it, just it didn't feel right.

Turned out that for me....iOS is the best, even with it's many flaws and annoyances.

19. irDigital0l Guest

No. Apple has shown that it can innovate in its hardware designs from iPhone 4 to iPad. Always making it sleeker, slimmer, lighter, etc.

What Apple hasn't shown is innovation in its software sector.

20. SomeDudeAsking macrumors 65816

Ah, so saying Apple is not the best is "trolling" now. Gotcha.

21. SnowLeopard OSX macrumors 6502a

SnowLeopard OSX

I haven't heard much complaining about iOS 6 Apple Maps ever since Google released their iOS 6 compatible maps application -- so this thread confuses me, since the thread was created today.

lol

Can you elaborate?

22. tomjleeds macrumors 6502

No.

Bitching about iOS in a thread about how every thread turns into a bitchfest about iOS, however, is.

23. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

The reason people say that IMO is because MacRumors seems to be more and more anti Apple all the time. Just about any story on the home page probably has more negative than positive comments. Lots of FUD and D&G these days.

24. SomeDudeAsking macrumors 65816

Every empire ends.