Is anyone else using Siri more now that Apple has incorporated the "Hey Siri" feature into iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hieveryone, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

I have the iPhone 6 Plus. So I have to plug in my iPhone to use "Hey Siri".

But I find myself using it ALL the time now, and I absolutely love it.

Anyone else find "Hey Siri" incredibly useful? Would like to especially hear back from users with "S" models. If you have the new "S" model, you don't even have to plug in your iPhone to use "Hey Siri"!

2. dba415 macrumors 6502

No because you need to have it connected to a charge which makes it useless for 99% of the time I'm actually using the phone.

3. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

For 6S/6S+, you do not need to have it connected to power. The new M9 chip makes this possible.

To answer OP's question, my usage has been about the same. I went from 6+ to 6S+.

4. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Unless you have a 6s or 6s+ model... As mentioned in the OP.

C

5. dba415 macrumors 6502

My bad. I'm not sure if the original OP specified "S" when I had posted. Or I didn't read it.

6. Tdadlani macrumors regular

Tdadlani

Good question. Yes I find myself using it more as well as thinking of ways I can use it more.

7. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

No worries. I can see this being a pretty useful feature. I'm looking forward to trying it out. Still trying to ditch my old Samsung phone first, though... :)

C

8. jess222 macrumors 6502

jess222

Definitely using it more! Went from a 5s where I never used to, to using it at least once a day now :)

9. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

I sit at my desk most of the day so keeping my plus plugged in isn't a problem.

I use it to keep me focused!

"hey Siri, set my timer for 5 minutes" as I make myself a coffee and stare out the window before my timer goes berserk

10. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

You can use it for almost everything you do manually! It's great!

11. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

Definitely. It also seems a lot faster for me now, so that I can speak an entire sentence at once and it generally gets exactly what I'm saying. (ie. 'hey siri set a reminder for tomorrow at 10am' said all in one go). No more 'hey siri' (wait for her to respond...) Finally beginning to approach the feeling of natural interaction.

12. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't really ever use Siri...for anything.

I set up the new Hey Siri function on my new 6s Plus, but haven't used it yet.

13. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I have the iPhone 6s plus and yes I use Siri a lot more not only because of the "Hey Siri" feature but also because of the much improved dictation. It is a real timesaver.

14. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I am but I need to be careful and not exceed my monthly data limit. :)

15. dusters711 macrumors regular

This was one of the new 6S features that I was most excited about, but quickly realized it doesn't work when in my pocket or face down. I'm assuming if the light sensor is blocked on the front it doesn't allow the "Hey Siri" feature to work. Can anyone else confirm that it does not work in your pocket? I wish it would work while in my pocket because that would be great for hands free. But I guess I'm stuck using the Watch whenever it's in my pocket which is where my phone is most of the time.

16. DoofenshmirtzEI macrumors 6502a

DoofenshmirtzEI

Yes, it's awesome! What Siri was meant to be since the 4s.

17. AstroDrew macrumors regular

AstroDrew

The past three days have been interesting and fun wince receiving my 6s+. I have used the "hey Siri" feature more when I was in the car. I normally use it to call and send text. I did notice tremendous improvement in Siri's performance in terms of word recognition. I think I'll be using it more as time goes by.

18. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

Does Siri use a lot of data?