Is anyone else waiting to see what happens on October 15th?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by CSilver, Sep 23, 2009.

1. CSilver macrumors 6502

I can go to the local Costco anytime and pick up a 3rd Gen 32GB but I am very curious about that date. As most of us know that Bestbuy releases their Ipod Touch cases with the Camera holes on that day I am willing to wait for it. However, seeing my little sister ordering her first ipod/Ipod touch 2nd Gen 8GB from the refurb... makes me want one badly... Her ipod doesn't even look like refurb.... anyways... who else is waiting for October 15th?

2. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

I'd say it's clear that Apple is working on a Touch with a built-in camera (if you look at the internals of the new Touch, they left a coincidentally iPod-nano-camera-sized space), but I think it will be much later than October 15.

Nobody knows, though, although I think a month would be a bit unprecendented. Maybe early next year?

Also, with regard to refurbs, you'll find that they almost always look brand new. The main difference is that they'll come in a generic box rather than the original packing. I almost always buy refurb from Apple to save money.

3. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

I doubt anything will happen on Oct. 15...if they do introduce the new Ipod w/ camera...I'm returning mine back to Amazon. lol :]

4. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

That's because refurb ≠ old/used. With refurbs they fix whatever is wrong with them and replace the whole outside of it, so they are practically new.

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Did I miss something?

Was an event announced for 15/10/09?

6. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

I'd be very suprised if apple released a newer iPod Touch so soon, that's just bad business. I'd estimate at least march next year to avoid any outcry over the newly released models and the winter holidays.

7. HnZ macrumors member

I think they will not introduce new iPod Touches... because of the price...as said from Steve... only with no camera the price drop was possible...

8. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

Yeah I think the cases will not come Oct 15th. I would hazard a guess we'll see the refresh in the spring arounf March time the 32gb and 64gb will get a camera quietly added to them. That being said I just ordered a 64gb as a camera is not a neccesity for me

9. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

October 15th is a Thursday. Apple generally releases stuff on Tuesdays. And they very rarely update a product one month after it's released.

In other words, don't hold your breath.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Like others have said, I really don't think Apple would update the iPod touch only a month after another update.

11. bjh1414 macrumors member

lol, you mean 10/15.09? and no, no event

12. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

No, he means 15/10/09.....

The world does not revolve around the american mm/dd/yy... i'm guessing more people use dd/mm/yy than the other way. It actually makes more sense, you drill down with it... just doesn't "look right" :D

13. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

Bestbuy is releasing iPod Touch case with camera hole in 10/15/09? Why would they even release such a product? It does not make sense unless Bestbuy was anticipating there would be a camera in the new Touch and now they just want to dump those unmarketable products at bargain prices.

14. Stitch30 macrumors member

My local Walmart has already on their shelves the cases for the iPod Touch with a camera. They have the silicone and hard plastic ones. It's funny because on the package it says ''For the brand new iPod Touch with a camera''. You can clearly see the hole in the middle back, just like the leaked pictures.

My friend would not believe me that Touch was supposed to have a camera. This is proof that it was planned but something went wrong. By the way, the cases are from Gear4 and they sell for les than 20$. I'll try to get a video with my nano to show them to you.

15. tenand2indy macrumors member

This part made me LOL. Rub it in, why don't ya.

16. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

I'm curious to see what will happen on Oct. 15. Not holding my breath though.

17. csnplt macrumors 6502

csnplt

My 32 GB 3G is coming tomorrow from Amazon, and if they announce a new one on the 15th, I'll just send it back.

18. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Nothing will happen. If something were to happen though, I wouldn't care, as my 3G already does everything I need other than GPS and a longer battery, which there is little chance of a hypothetical October upgrade providing. 4G maybe, but not October.

19. CSilver thread starter macrumors 6502

I thought you were going to hold your fire until something dramatic change has happened to the touch!

Now I am convinced. Oh and if something happens :rolleyes:, I will just return its and get it I guess~

Thanks for the replies;)

20. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

I was thinking the same thing lol

21. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

How loud did you laugh? :rolleyes:

22. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Steve Jobs returned and the camera was designed out of the Touch. That makes me believe that he doesn't want a camera in the Touch as opposed to a technical issue.

23. mexxx macrumors newbie

no im not, since i bought my ipod at costco and i get a 90 return policy.

24. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

I assume he's playing it safe. If a big technical issue arises from the Touch's camera...it'll probably make his investors second guess his ability to run his company. He's probably doing major tests with it before launching the product.

25. FieryFurnace macrumors 6502

FieryFurnace

I want to get a Touch (my first one) before the end of the year.
    And I would like it to have a camera in it, but even without I will get one.

So yes, I will wait until Oct15 and even more and hopefully there is some update between now and then. :D