Is anyone "genuinely" exited about the new iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mellofello, Sep 8, 2012.

1. mellofello, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012

mellofello macrumors 65816

Don't get me wrong I will be getting one on launch day (as long as I can have it shipped). This year I am feeling a wee bit more enthused then the 4s. Bigger screen has been a long time coming, and seems to be the only big feature.

Over all though I'm just feeling a bit... I don't know "meh" I guess about the whole thing.

For the 1st iphone through the 4th I was foaming at the mouth, checking gizmodo every 15 seconds excited. I practically bit open the box when I got it home to get to my precious. This time I'm pretty ambivalent.

I guess it is just a side effect of years of having essentially the same smartphone. I don't really even know what feature would get my heart pumping in a new phone again. My 4s takes more consistently great shots then my highend point and shoot, the screen is like looking out a window, and hspa+ is faster then my home Internet was 5 years ago.

I guess some kinda hologram screen with a naked fortune telling Siri, 10 gigs of ram, and thinner then a credit card phone would have me standing in line.

Oh well I'm sure come the 12th, Timmy and the boys will probably light a spark, in my lump of coal, jaded heart. Then sell me on why I should be pumped for my now with slightly longer screen iPhone 5.

At least my apple stock will go up again lol.

What feature are you counting the seconds for?

2. Che Castro macrumors 603

This is going to be the biggest selling phone in history

3. Carl Sagan macrumors 6502a

Carl Sagan

4. troop231 macrumors 603

"This changes everything, yet again. So magical and resolutionary. Introducing iPhone 5"

5. Moshe1010 macrumors 6502a

Apple can't make completely new things in a year or so. This would be mainly hardware improvement with a bigger screen by half an inch. Not that excited, but I sick of my iPhone's 4 bad reception, so I would upgrade. If I had 4S, I would think twice before upgrading.

6. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I don't really know what its selling points are yet, so....

7. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Not all all. Seeing that Apple had over 2+ years to redesign the iPhone....they failed miserably by only increasing the size of the screen and adding LTE

8. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

This.

We don't know anything yet.

9. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

You're kidding, right?

10. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

I am genuinely excited because I have been using my iPhone 4 for over two years. It will be exciting enough to upgrade to a way faster iPhone and whatever else new features it has. Just because it won't look radically different doesn't make me disheartened.

11. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

This. It will have to melt my face with it's awesomeness for me to care for this one (and if the rumors are true, it won't). iOS 6 has satisfied almost all of my niggles and I've been enjoying using it. For hardware the 4S is plenty fast (as in no noticable lag) and I have no desire for a larger screen.

I like the new dock cable but the only thing I ever use the current one for now is charging so that's a non issue.

LTE would be nice but HSPA+ is quick in my area and I'm still on an unlimited plan which I regularly get close to the throttle cap or go over. I wouldn't want faster speed with the trade off of a hard cutoff cap. That and I'd have to switch me and the family to Verizon to get any good coverage from it. With my current fantastic FAN discount on at&t it would be hard to move.

12. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I was more excited last year than I am this year. Last years announcement was dissapointing to me so I guess I'm not expecting as much.

13. edurican macrumors newbie

Apple hasn't confirmed the leaks are in fact the new iPhone (Although unlikely, maybe this is another model like last year's teardrop iPhone :p ). There may also be a few stuff under the hood that no one knows about, hardware or software wise.

We'll see on Wednesday.

14. MassiveAttack macrumors 6502a

I was disappointed with last Years 4S and I'm not going to let myself be hopeful until I actually see what Apple has in store for the 12th. Honestly, from all these leaks I think I'm gonna be disappointed.

15. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

16. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

What we know?

Taller Display: 4" Res: 640 x 1136
    Ram: 1 GB
    Processor: A5
    Chip: Qualcomm Gobi Chip 4G LTE

This and a slight redesigned body and smaller dock connector. Thinner only because they are now removing the back glass plate.

So, does that sound like 2+ years well spent?

17. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Yep, I am excited. I loved the evolution of the 4 (most beautiful design ever) into the 4S (fantastic camera, Siri) and now I'm looking forward to the next step.

18. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

How exactly do you know those chips?

Front glass is thinner and probably the LCD as well.

19. troop231 macrumors 603

Nope, smells like a back-burner project.

20. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

I'm genuinely concerned that the size of the battery isn't going to be enough to keep it going all day for me.

21. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Have you seen the number of leaks we've had for this one? Part after part was up on Macrumors. Last year, there were no credible sources as far as design goes and just artists renditions, thats it.

22. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

This is all rumor, and speculation. You can't say what Apple has done with complete certainty.