Is anyone going to sell their gen 1 ipod touch to get the one with bluetooth?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by laserfox, Mar 18, 2009.

1. laserfox macrumors 6502

laserfox

I feel left out and I want to use my bluetooth keyboard.
    Though this I got my netbook I rarely use my ipod touch for anything other than music and the mail app.

2. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

I doubt that a bluetooth keyboard would work, but I would still get a 2G touch if I still had the 1G, the speed and features increase is more than worth it.

3. jreamsnyder macrumors member

Besides being able to use bluetooth headphones, what would be the other benefits of upgrading a 2G over a 1G? I really not planning on buying a new ipod anytime soon, I spent enough on my 1G!

4. who? macrumors member

Nike+ App, you can use microphones with it, it has a faster processor, it has a speaker, there are external volume controls, and I think the overall feel in your hand has increased positively as well. Definitely worth it.

5. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

I'm just going to wait until September to see if they come out with a 3G (which they most likely will). however, if they don't then I'll get the 2G.

6. Manikstor macrumors member

i myself do wanna sell my 1G because the update seems pretty cool but at the same time i love my 1G because its all customized.. because its jailbroken so idk.. plus i get any app i want basically for free ;)

7. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

sell my 1st gen? heck no. it's a thing of beauty and a joy to behold!

i'll just buy a brand new ipod Touch (probably a 3rd gen) when it's released.

8. Liam8 macrumors 6502

Liam8

I might

I might but not very soon. I will probably wait until I have tested 3.0, and if I am missing out on blue tooth then I will get a new one or get an iphone.:apple:

9. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Once you get used to using Bluetooth (wireless) headphones with a media player, it's hard to go back to earbuds. I've already got a few bluetooth player though, but I might get a 2G Touch for all the other things 3.0 might make possible. It'll royally pizz me off if they come out with a new one in July that has more/better hardware than the 2G though. ;)

10. fishface17 macrumors member

I will wait untill September for the iPod Touch 3g (hopefully) and give my 1st gen to my girlfriend.

11. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Austin2048

ima wait for them to make a better jailbreak for the 2G before getting it cuz i cant live without my iPod being jailbroken or just get the 3G if its out in time with a jailbreak

12. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

only thing coming out in july will be a new iPhone, september is when they release new ipod touch

13. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

i don't think any of my friends actually want or need bluetooth... so anyone that i know wouldn't spend another 200 bucks to get stereo bluetooth streaming.