Is anyone interested in buying a 15" Alu 1.25 GHz...

MacCoaster

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
with a cracked LCD and dead hard-drive? I'm not sure if anyone would be interested but some may be. It works fine with an external drive and an external display. I have no use for it and would like to get as much as I can for it.

I'm not sure about battery life, it might have been shot since it has been on almost 24/7. (Just tried, seems like it still has some life left. So that might be of use.)

Or should I just sell the parts (battery, RAM, bottom case, etc)?

MacCoaster

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
DJLC said:
I might be interested - depending on price.
I'm not looking to make much from this, just whatever I can. I'd think $500 to $700 would be somewhat reasonable. I live in NC as well, in the Winston-Salem area, not far from you.

There's still AppleCare on it, so it's quite possible that they'd fix the hard-drive for you. I'm not sure. I don't think I want to expend more energy on it.

t300

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2004
Yes, the price could make or break this deal. What are you looking to get?

mbl42

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2005
I want to buy it. Email me at max 'att' maxlewis 'dott' net with photos.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Does the LCD work at all, but with cracks, or is it totally dead?

amacgenius

macrumors 68000
Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo, NY
mxlews said:
Um, I believe I offered to buy it first.
That's nice Max, but I believe that until he makes a deal he can accepts offers, remember now little Maxi Pad, the world doesn't revolve around you ;).

Edited for Max's liking.

mbl42

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2005
amacgenius said:
That's nice Max, but I believe that until he makes a deal he can accepts offers, remember now little Maxy Pad, the world doesn't revolve around you ;).
Tsk, tsk. Don't be rude now Larry.

DavidCL23

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2001
NJ
I just wanted to let you guys know that I delt with MacCoaster before, and he rocks :) Great guy to deal with, very honest and reliable.

DJLC

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2005
North Carolina
amacgenius said:
That's nice Max, but I believe that until he makes a deal he can accepts offers, remember now little Maxi Pad, the world doesn't revolve around you ;).

Dammit Larry, I was saving "Maxi Pad" for my own use :p .

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
MacCoaster said:
Good news! I called AppleCare and they WILL replace the hard drive for free.
Might they change their mind once they see the screen? I mean it might be better to get the screen fixed and then get AppleCare to replace the hard drive.