Is anyone just content to stay on 1.1.1??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OW22, Jan 26, 2008.

1. OW22 macrumors 6502

OW22

For the moment I definitely am...

I'm jailbroken and unlocked with Anysim and the phone is just flawless for me. Through customizing it, I Have it set up the way I want, The call forwarding notification, is gone, my voicemail tab works, I get the alphanumeric texts, the number format fixed so numbers match to contacts whatever format the number is in, used Garageband to create ringtones and put them on using Sendsong....

Everything is perfect, no crashes, no dropping out of Safari, the phone works abroad, I've taken it to the UK, Italy, France, Dubai and Singapore....and I'm even on a good plan with Vodafone.

Reading the horror stories about 1.1.3 and all the problems and people losing their apps, I'm happy to stay here. Normally I'd be updating to keep up with the latest software, but not this time. A new update would want to offer something really radical for me to risk it now.

2. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

i plan on staying on 1.1.1 too..

mine also is jailbroken and unlocked (with anysim), and customised and lots of 3rd party apps / games etc..

apart from the new google maps app in 1.1.3 there's nothing really he 1.1.3 can do that my 1.1.1 can't..
    well.. there is a "locate me" app, which does work, but not as accurate as th new locate in google maps... but still.. it does work

i've had no issues with my 1.1.1 and i'm happy...

unless apple really offers something innovative or a real killer app, then i won't be upgrading.

it'll be interesting to see what the SDK brings come feb/march too..

EDIT:
    I also like the webclip thingy too.. if anyone knows of 3rd party apps that do the same thing, that would be great...

3. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

I'm in the same situation. 1.1.1 and happy. Yeah, there's a few crashes, yeah I'd like the locating tingy, but it works and I'm relatively happy just keeping it that way :)

Plus I'm scared of upgrading even to 1.1.2 :eek:

4. pedroistheman macrumors 6502

pedroistheman

I am so jealous! I had a perfectly fine jailbroken 1.1.1 and somehow the new map feature persuaded me to jump to 1.1.3. It was a huge mistake and the worst part is how incredibly hard it has been trying to downgrade. The maps feature is useless and I already could rearrange my desktop icons with the customize app. Please, does anyone know how I can downgrade back to 1.1.1???

5. OW22 thread starter macrumors 6502

OW22

Sorry to hear that.....

You were just beaver then the rest of us I guess! We're just too scared to try an upgrade! But I think in this case patience has paid off.

6. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I'm on JB 1.1.2 and I (soft) upgraded to JB 1.1.3. It is really nothing special, especially considering that most of my applications didn't work including customise. Restored back to 1.1.1 then did Oktoprep to get me back to JB 1.1.2.

Pretty much everything in 1.1.3 can be done in 1.1.2 and probably 1.1.1 so it isn't worth it at the moment. Now if the dev team release the proper method and other applications get updated to work on 1.1.3 then I'll be upgrading.

Depends how you upgraded to 1.1.3 if you did it through iTunes apparently it updates your baseband which means if you downgrade then you will lose the phone functionality. It also depends on your bootloader, because if you have 3.9 apparently you can get around that.

Persoanlly I just put it in DFU mode by holding power+home etc. then downgraded it to 1.1.1 in iTunes.

7. aridon macrumors member

No reason for me to upgrade at all. 1.1 has been stable for me and i have all my jail breaking goodies working perfectly. I'll upgrade after the SDK brings some real programs and functionality until then I'll stick with the free stuff.

8. certsoft macrumors member

certsoft

I'm happy to stay with 1.0.2 for now. It's unlocked (with the first free unlocker, iunlocker or something like that) and works fine.

If Apple ever moves their focus from unlock prevention to providing basic features like copy & paste then I might be tempted to upgrade ;)

9. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

10. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I'm real happy with...

My 1.1.1 iPhone. It is running smoothly. The greatest thing is that since it's unlocked (IPSF) I don;t need to run iWorld for it not to crash, 1.1.1 allows any carrier! FTW!!!

I've used it in Honduras, US, Brazil, Argentina and UK. It's great and I have it the way I want it. few crashes when I use it heavily, but no biggy, those are rare.

I am not updating anytime soon to 1.1.3 or any other firmware unless there is a killer must-have app.

11. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I don't miss 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 at all! I'm happy with 1.1.3 on one of my iPhones. The other iPhone is staying on 1.1.2 for now till 1.1.3 can pair up via bluetooth to my Garmin Nuvi 680 GPS for the handsfree options. It worked fine pairing up with my iPhone till 1.1.3 due to Apple changing the Bluetooth. Sometimes it's good to have two iPhones, I can upgrade one and have fun with all the new stuff.

On my 1.1.3 other than the above, I have had 0 problems and have been loving it!

12. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

I'm with you. Up until now I am completely happy with 1.1.1 and won't upgrade unless the SDK has something that really blows my mind or until they include Spanish in the auto-correct dictionary (which probably won't happen anyways). So, for now, I have no plan on re-hacking my phone. Virginizing to get up to 1.1.1 was enough.

How did you manage to get rid of the call forwarding message? Care to enlighten me on that?

13. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I have a June 29 iPhone and I have hacked it in every form and function available for the past 230 days. Whether it be the original archaic Terminal methods or AppSnap method, Windoze or Mac, iPhuc or iBrickr, I've tried them all.

I've been to 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 both Jailbroken and Factory. Including the latest disappointing rendition of a 1.1.3 Soft Upgrade and you know...

...I couldn't be more pleased at 1.1.1 :)

I actually have settled to Louie Mantia (Black) for a clean appearance but I try new apps daily. I even took the time to SSH and change Voicemail, Text, and Mail sound effects extracted from Garageband.

14. OW22 thread starter macrumors 6502

OW22

You can do it two ways,

1. SSH into your phone and go to the UnknownCarrier.plist from /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/ and edit ShowCallForwarding from "true" to false...

2. Add www.sendowski.de/iphone to your installer and go to tweaks 1.1.1 and just install the forward message fix...

And hey presto, no more annoying message and it doesn't mess up anything on your phone either, won't alter your voicemail or anything...

What it will do though is remove the Edge fix utility if you have that installed. Which certainly didn't bother me...

15. JasO macrumors regular

Well 1.1.1 is fine as long as you have an unlocked iPhone. For those that have had no need/desire to unlock their phone 1.1.3 would show no disadvantages in relation to the new features.

16. The Menacer macrumors member

I am what I call an "Apple purist." I keep everything the way Apple sets it up. I don't change backgrounds, icon location in the dock, icon location on the iPhone, etc. No way in hell would I jailbreak my iPhone.

17. Superperson macrumors newbie

Why?

18. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

Umm, just install summerboard and set it to skip last row. That way your phone will look unhacked, and will still have all the goodies hidden.

19. Ninja Dom macrumors 6502

Ninja Dom

I'm on 1.0.2 still and unlocked running a Vodafone sim and the reliability of my phone so far is amazing. Everything works almost perfectly.

I could do with louder ringtones and alerts and louder speaker volume for calls (anyone know how to fix this) but apart from that everything is fine.

I haven't run any 3rd party apps even though I do have Installer on my phone.

It is tempting to upgrade because I would love the SMS fixes and Google Maps improvement.

20. OW22 thread starter macrumors 6502

OW22

Looking at the Hackintosh forums and the new Development Team unlock for unlocked 1.1.2 phones, I would still say DON'T DO IT.

On he unlocked forum on the Hackintosh site top of the page, it's now a sticky and it's 50+ pages of problems from those who upgraded...

Horror stories galore, Youtube not working, iTunes not recognizing the iPhone, apps crashing.....

If you have an unlocked and Jailbroken 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 phone, don't upgrade yet for your own sanity...And remember that new Google maps locate feature will not work anyway because it needs the new baseband.

21. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I would upgrade as long as you don't have the phone hacked. I have not had a single problem with any version of firmware that has been released because my phones have never been hacked. 1.1.3 is the same way, not one problem so far. I don't have the sms bug that some people seem to have either.

22. OW22 thread starter macrumors 6502

OW22

What I'm saying is really for people on hacked (Jailbroken and Unlocked via Anysim or whatever) iPhones.

I'm sure it's fine for those on legit AT&T, O2 phones etc

23. Jphillippe macrumors regular

Jphillippe

I have my iphone unlocked at 1.1.2 with iphonesimfree....I upgraded from 1.1.1 and I don't have any issues. As far as 1.1.3 I'm not in a hurry, I'll wait for iphonesimfree.com to give me instructions to properly upgrade through itunes, and no problems, no stress. I'm actually waiting for a real solution to unlock OTB, 1.1.2/1.1.3 so I can sell my old phone here on ebay to someone international who is willing to pay $700, buy myself another phone, unlock it and make a profit of $300. GOOD INVESTMENT, you gotta love ebay.

24. robjrussell macrumors member

after ruining my baseband trying to upgrade to 1.1.2, to go to 1.1.3 i am overly content at 1.1.1. thank god for unlock.no and their virginizer or I'd be stuck with a paperweight.

my only gripe is my voicemail. how did you get it working?
    rob

25. ajl917 macrumors 6502

Im very happy on 1.1.1. All the apps are still made for 1.1.1/1.1.2 so there is no advantage. I want to go the 1.1.3 jailbreak in the hacking forum, but it takes so long and is so risky, I dont know if I should. But until I possibly decide to use the 1.1.3 Baseband jailbreak or a newer, better way comes out, I will still be on good ole 1.1.1