Is anyone just going to bite the bullet on the AT&T prices tonight? Or wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wnxgenral, Sep 13, 2012.

1. wnxgenral macrumors 6502

So confused right now. 4 hours to
    Decide. Should we just buy it out right?

2. erzeszut macrumors regular

Call ATT. Right now. Make your case for a bill credit. I just got offered $100, pressed for $150, and got it.

3. MacPod macrumors member

You only live once.

I might call and ask for a credit (that's a good idea! worst that can happen is they say no), but I'm not going to quibble over it since they are already discounting it somewhat ahead of their contractual obligation.

I could wait it out, too. The 4S is perfectly fine (unlike previous phones where I really needed larger capacity and/or faster CPU), but if I wait until my proper upgrade time, I'll be too late for even early upgrade pricing on the 5S (or whatever).

So, c'est la vie. You want to keep up on the iPhone, you gotta pay your dues. Besides, selling the iPhone should recoup a large portion of it.

4. snook911 macrumors 6502a

I am going to add a line for $10 a month to get the full subsidy.

5. erzeszut macrumors regular

Agree with you, except that when I kept reading all day about how some other 4S customers were not "paying their dues," that annoyed me. It's the basic unfairness and inconsistency of ATT's policies that are so frustrating.

Sure, selling the 4S is a great idea. But selling the 4S AND getting some sort of credit from ATT is even better. :)

6. wnxgenral thread starter macrumors 6502

I just can't justify paying $550 + tax AND a new contract renewal ontop of it? Ugh I'm going to end up doing it but it sucks. I feel so ripped off.

7. xmarcuswildx macrumors 6502

I'm glad they agreed to waive the fee for me over the phone reps gonna call me at 3 pm to place my pre order. Problem is I probably will be too late for first shipment

8. wnxgenral thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't understand the inconsistency with what they're offering us