Is anyone paying attention at the polls?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by TheQuestion, Aug 31, 2010.

1. TheQuestion macrumors regular

Ok, first my fellow wacknuts in AK dethrone princess Lisa, who was actually a reasonable moderate, and put a Palin crony in the general election...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...edes-alaska-primary-race-tea-party-candidate/

Check him out here...

http://joemiller.us/

and then the brilliant voters of South Carolina give the country this Alvin Greene...who is now actually try to win the thing...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/31/greene-pens-manifesto-betraying-lackluster-interviews/

I'm sorry, but I have to ask, is Democracy failing?

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

These two are both pieces of work, I have to say. Democracy hasn't failed, the culture of fear and ignorance has succeeded.

3. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

I honestly didn't know his daughter is Snooki.

4. supercaliber macrumors regular

This forum is a perfect example of why there is such a split in our society. Each side is so infuriated with the other that they stop reasoning.

Partisan politics is alive and well. BTW, the constant bashing on the right will win few converts, if anything the right only becomes more entrenched.

If you want to start changing attitudes about politics in our country start with the man in the mirror, as the great MJ in the sky so eloquently sang. Start finding tolerance in yourself for beliefs different than yours. Maybe when PRSI posts can reflect tolerance and a will to get along, our culture will be headed in the right direction. If you believe in Ghandi's message, start living it.

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

A lot of people's daughters are Snooki. ;)

And can I just say that both of these fools are ugly? :)

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

You're absolutely right.

This is why Obama's attempts to reach out to the right have been so warmly received. :rolleyes:

7. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

And a lot of people's sons are The Situation. Let that be a warning for you, Lee.

8. supercaliber macrumors regular

9. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yeah- been there, tried that. They have no interest in working with anyone. Also, I don't see how this thread is bashing the right, when one of the candidates mentioned is a Democrat. But hey, why let a little thing like the truth get in the way of good paranoia? Certain posters here seem to thrive on it.

Oh- I've already encountered that. Not pleasant. Oftentimes it's beneficial to not let the little head do the thinking. ;)

10. supercaliber macrumors regular

Like an olive branch is going to work. His very failure is a perfect example of what i am talking about.

He cannot in one breath bash fox news and then in the next ask the right to join hands. Same with everyone on this board, how do you expect to win converts from the right when you want to call everyone on the right fear mongers, bigots and idiots.

He cannot use lip service to lure in allies but then in policy and action be completely partisan. That type of siren song only works once.

The back story behind the democratic candidate is that democrats are blaming republicans for him winning the candidacy. More blame, more partisan politics, more attacks.

11. Shivetya macrumors 65816

Well both are great examples of, vote the bums out.

12. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

?

...What is so crazy about the Joe Miller guy? He wants to repeal healthcare, stop cap n tax, is pro-life, etc... Sounds like a run of the mill conservative? Am I missing something?

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

He also wants to repeal the 14th amendment. Ya know, the one about equal protection and all. I'd say that's pretty nutty.

http://thomaslegioncherokee.tripod.com/14thamendmenttotheusconstitution.html

14. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Run of the mill Big Oil conservative (pawn of the Koch brothers).

15. TheQuestion thread starter macrumors regular

16. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

A Tea Party group based in California spend about $600,000 on negative advertising against Murkowski.

17. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I'm very pro gun as well, but encouraging people to show up to a political rally with guns is irresponsible. That's a recipe for eventual disaster.

18. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

I'll tell you what. You go lecture the group that tells me and mine that we are not Real Americans because we do not genuflect to their tribal god-image. The ones who want to turn women into brood mares for The State and who want to put gays back in the closet (and that's for starters). The ones who feel that trillions spent in "nation-building" in lands populated by brown people is far better spent than feeding the homeless. They've been beating these drums for thirty years and they've only gotten more shrill -- and, by the way, most of them couldn't pick Ghandi out of a line-up. Go lecture to them about tolerance and getting along.

19. supercaliber macrumors regular

Ok thanks for telling me.

Your post is a wonderful essay exemplifying my general distaste for the left.

You insult the intelligence of conservatives as though they "couldn't pick Ghandi out of a line up."
    You say that conservatives wants to "put gays back in the closet."
    You suggest that conservatives don't want to feed the homeless.
    You insult conservatives, declaring they treat women as "brood mares"

Don't insult the right and expect anything better in return.

And realize that as you insult my "tribal God-image" I know that the real irony here is that you are only choosing to insult my God in deference to your own.

20. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

If the shoe fits, sweetie. You want to actually debate ideas, fine. You want to be glib and condescending, lecturing me on tolerance when your ilk can barely spell the word, you get my Wonderful Essay (tm).
    I haven't gotten anything better in thirty years; trust and believe, I don't expect anything better than what I've already gotten.
    And what "God" would that be? This ought to be interesting...

21. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Here's more information about the Oil Tea Party group that was behind the election of Miller:

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/sep/01/nation/la-na-alaska-vote-20100902

22. PerfSeeker macrumors 6502a

I find that very funny coming from the left. You guys exercise fear & ignorance par excellence.

23. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

A culture wars post with a French term!

24. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Ghandi preached tolerance, but not capitulation. Ghandi preached understanding and a thoughtful, but strong objection to British rule. If we're to follow this line of logic, Ghandi would be called to order for questioning the British rule of India and he would be called intolerant for thinking they should leave India an independent state.

I understand conservative's disagree with me, but many of your celebrity leaders are, IMHO, daffy idiots who shouldn't be in charge of a cruise ship, much less a nuclear-armed nation during a period of serious change. A great number of conservative thinkers are profoundly unserious short-term thinkers, prone to spasms of great emotion and little logic.
    That's not to say liberals are much better, but if conservatives continue to support ideologues like J.D. Hayworth, Newt Gingrich, Sarah Palin, and Glenn Beck, my tolerance is finite.

25. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

I think Glen Beck would make an awesome Gilligan.