Is anyone returning their 5S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GeorgieAcevedo, Sep 21, 2013.

1. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

Just wondering if I'm the only one feeling this way. I'm thinking of returning the 5S and go back to my 5.

Anyone else?

2. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

Nope, satisfied customer here.

3. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

What is your justification. You couldn't possibly like your 5 better since it's pretty much the same phone... but better. Unless you feel like the upgrade wasn't worth it and are worried you won't be upgrade eligible for the 6. I have a ghost line so I can upgrade every year. Maybe you should do the same (if it's next years upgrade you're worried about).

4. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

What color and carrier is it? I may buy it full price from you.

5. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Only reason I can see to take it back as it you feel it isn't worth using the upgrade on and you'd rather have it for the 6.

Me personally....I jumped on board the AT&T Next train. So I'm good for next year too.

6. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Which carrier are you with, and how much does your ghost line cost? I have a family plan on AT&T with three lines. One of the people on my plan might no longer need the phone, so I'd like to keep it as cheap as possible. I just renewed that line's contract yesterday.

7. abz1981 macrumors 65816

Just keep the Iphone 5S, as it will be a downgrade going back to the Iphone 5 IMHO.

8. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

A certain % every product bought at a store w/ a return policy is returned. Buyer's remorse (emotional, not rationally made purchase), unexpected financial emergency (after purchase), dissatisfaction with product after used, etc.

I assure you someone else feels the need to return their iPhone 5s. Question is how and why is that relevant to your decision to return or keep? Or as the cliche goes, what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

9. Serban Suspended

10. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

Nope wouldn't go back to a 5 now I have my 5s, it looks great, works great and is everything I expected and wanted from an "s" upgrade.

11. Scott6666 macrumors 65816

Scott6666

12. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

13. socco macrumors regular

I'm gonna return it for a silver one when they're in stock.

14. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

You may as well just burn your money. Why in the hell would you not buy unlocked phones and go contract free. Lower monthly cost on cell phone plan with unlocked phone, no subsidy. Higher resale value on unlocked iphone. And, oh yeah, not throwing away money on a second line, which is even more expensive because you are on subsidized.

15. drew0020 macrumors 65816

drew0020

I bought one for my Mom a 16GB Space Grey for AT&T off contract. She doesn't want it so I'm returning to Apple.

16. PTVMan macrumors 6502a

Agreed.

17. mindyapple macrumors newbie

18. GeorgieAcevedo thread starter macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

No ghost line bud.

Anyways, I want to return it I guess because I expected more. There isn't pretty much more I can do that I cannot do on the 5. Only thing I'm enjoying is the scanner. But why would I pay 600+ for a scanner you know.

Attached Files:

19. stiltwalker macrumors newbie

Doing the same. They had only space grey at the apple I camped at.

20. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Not a chance.

21. GeorgieAcevedo thread starter macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

That's another reason too. I've had black iPhones since 2007. I think if I had gold or silver I would've kept this phone.

22. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

Understandable, especially for $650. There is a lot of competition at that price range - Note 3, Lumia 1020, Sony Z1, GS4, the list goes on.

And if you want to stay with iOS and already have a 5 then $650 is a lot of money for a moderate upgrade. If this is the case maybe you should keep your 5 and pocket that money until iPhone 6 comes out.

23. Saved0ne macrumors newbie

Yeah I'm not too sure why you would return it... Doesn't make any sense at all to do that.

I had a quick question though for you guys... Anyone who has a 5S, is your home button click VERY loud? Like when you click the center of it? My out circle clicking is pretty quiet, but the home button is LOUD! :/

24. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

What made you expect more? Did you find that certain features didn't work "as advertised"? Not trying to be snarky, just curious as to what you thought you'd get vs. what you actually received.