Is anyone still planning on lining up in front of an ATT store tues?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bumzo1, Jun 27, 2010.

1. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

Figuring most people who want it enough to stand in line would've already gotten their phone by now is anyone planning on going to ATT on tues? I know I am

2. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I'm heading over to AT&T Tuesday too. Not sure what time to arrive though, maybe 4-5AM?

3. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

The AT&T store that I plan on going to probably won't be busy since I live in a smaller town. I called them on Thursday wondering if they had any iPhone 4's left and the guy said that they sold the last one 1 hour ago. This was at 3pm. So, I'm sure if I get there sometime during the morning I hope to be able to grab one, just won't have to get there before they open :p

4. detroit1 macrumors regular

5. Icarumba macrumors newbie

I'm gonna head over around 3 A.M. probably with plenty of 5 hour energy shots :) luckily I have no work on tuesday too, so it all works out.

From the sound of it, I would expect a pretty decent line forming early in the morning.

6. Bob Loblaw macrumors regular

Bob Loblaw

I'll be heading there probably around midnight tomorrow night. The only place to get iPhones in my area (metropolitan area over 250,000 people.. so not tiny) is at ONE AT&T store and ONE Best Buy. Radio Shacks and Wal*Marts in the area are not selling them. Closest Apple store is 2 hours away. I went by the AT&T store yesterday and they said they had people show up around midnight on Wednesday, but luckily the manager was still there putting up signs that it wouldn't be available so they ended up not camping all night. I wish they would have. Serves them right for being "huge fans" of the iPhone but obviously not educated on the launch. So I have these kinds of people I'll be contending with.

7. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

Will at&t get it up and running for you? WIll you still have to hook it up to itunes to get it working correctly?

Just asking because i'll be stopping by on my way to work and wouldn't be able to go back home before heading to the office...

8. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Called and they said they'll set it up there and then for you. You'll just need your iTunes account information.

9. memphistiger7 macrumors newbie

If I have one on order with apple to be delivered end of July could I still walk into AT&T and get one for 299 and cancel the apple order or am I stuck with waiting for a month?

10. bumzo1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It think I'm going to go up there at 5am. I don't think I will meet a hug line, I live in a suburb of about 40k and there are 3  stores within 45 minutes.

11. HDJulie macrumors demi-goddess

I pass close to one of the three or four AT&T stores in a 30-mile area on my way to work each weekday. I normally am in that area around 6:15 AM so I'll check out the line. If it is not more than 20 people, I'll wait & go to work late.

12. MikeTheVike macrumors regular

I think I will head over to the store near me around 6am. If the line looks crazy I'll just keep waiting. If I could be in and out before 8am that would be awesome!

13. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

My plan EXACTLY :cool:

14. Fenir macrumors regular

Does anyone know if the AT&T stores are opening early?

I plan on getting there around 3am.

What was said earlier, do they HAVE to set it up in the store? I hate this because when i got my 3gs last year they opened the box and set it up for me, meaning I wasn't the first to touch and hold my phone. I know i'm being anal, but I want to be the person to unbox it and set it up (it only takes 3-5 minutes to set up anyways).

15. outphase macrumors 65816

If you want to unbox it yourself, get it shipped.

16. Icarumba macrumors newbie

My ATT clerk said they are opening up 7 AM on tuesday.