Is anyone using their iPhone on T-Mobile? Should I get an iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by memo90061, Sep 15, 2012.

1. memo90061 macrumors regular

Hello.

I bought a bad ESN iPhone 4 CDMA on Craigslist (was going to buy an iPod Touch, but the iPhone was cheaper). I was able to activate it in Mexico, and now I sold it.

I wanted to try Android, and now I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 on prepaid. I have the 30 dollar plan with unlimited text and data (5gb at 4g speed) and 100 talk time. I've been happy with the Galaxy S3, and it feels faster than the iPhone 4. I really love the front facing camera, but DON'T like the music player! I have downloaded many music players, and they all sound low compared to the iPhone 4. The music alone is making me want to go back to the iPhone.

A guy wanted to trade my Samsung Galaxy S3 for their iPhone 4s 64gb, and I said no because I would be on edge. I just checked the sightings of T-Mobile 3G coverage on 1900MHz, and a lot have been appearing in LA! I'm starting to regret it.

Would you trade for an iPhone 4s 64gb? Is anyone using their iPhone on T-Mobile prepaid? Would you recommend keeping the S3? I would looove to buy the iPhone 5, but I would have to buy it unlocked. It's too expensive for me now.

2. Mr Hill macrumors 6502

I'm on T-Mobile with a 4S currently and the network has not yet been upgraded to 3G on the 1900mhz band where I am. I've tried all of the their signature Android devices (HTC One S, GS2, GS3) but ultimately ended up coming back to the iPhone despite the Edge data speeds (for now).

I would trade a GS3 for a 64GB 4S in a heartbeat provided that you can unlock it to use on T-Mobile.

3. iphonefan74 macrumors regular

Have you tried downloading PowerAmp? More than loud enough and a ton of customization

4. memo90061 thread starter macrumors regular

Ahh ok. You know I haven't even listened to music on the Samsung Galaxy S3. I feel like I've been depressed the time that I've had it. Not really depressed, but just not happy. It's weird because I think it has so many nice features that I wish were on the iPhone. I like the ability to connect to the computer through Kies, and text from the computer.

I really miss buying songs directly from the iTunes in the phone though. I really miss iMessage. I have cousins in Mexico who have an iPod Touch, and I haven't really been in contact because I don't have iMessage. Even though the computer does have it. :/ lol

I'm about to meet a guy tomorrow from Craigslist. He says the iPhone 4s is unlocked, so I want to try it first. I really wanted a white one, but I guess black is good.

I have tried PowerAmp. It does sound louder, but it doesn't sound so clean. :/

5. iphonefan74 macrumors regular

Its your music then. I have a 1200watt system in my car and my music sounds awesome

6. memo90061 thread starter macrumors regular

I don't know what it is. I thought it was my headphones, but in my car it also sounds lower compared to the iPhone 4.