Is Apple ever going to update their graphics switching for 2010 MBPs with the 330m?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Vyruz Reaper, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Vyruz Reaper macrumors regular

I have been using gfxcardstatus and been forcing it to intel ever since I got my MBP. It seems funny everytime I run google chrome and DL something it switches to discrete and stays there, or anything flash based even though it is not running in full window, or tweetdeck or any app that does not require heavy gpu usage.

I know there are a gajillion threads on this, I have an alternative solution, but is apple even thinking about updating their algorthims? or even giving us the opportunity to disable the discrete switching to certain apps that we can decide? They bragged about this as a big feature but havent done jack **** ever since to update it or make it better

hopefully someone can chime in..

2. Reelknead1 macrumors 6502

Thats strange because mine doesn't switch all that often. It even runs the intel card when i'm watching HD videos on Vimeo. It will only switch for certain applications like VLC player, CS5, etc.

After a while though i was getting some crazy video crashes using the program so i uninstalled it and have been fine ever since. Its a great program you just have to take it with a grain of salt sometimes.