Is Apple in cahoots with the Asian resellers?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iSingandiDance, Mar 24, 2011.

1. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

Hear me out.

We know iPad 2s are being manufactured in China. But since the recent earthquake tsunami disaster in Japan, the supply is severely strained. So, in order to "meet the demand", they send iPad 2s to the store, but are allowing the use of Asian "middlemen", because they know the iPad 2 is headed right back to China, where it will be shipped right back to the warehouse to be distributed. Sure, there are some going to Dubai and other wealthy countries, but the majority are replenishing the moribund supply line. The $100 or so Asians are paid to stand in line is nothing to a billion dollar company. Also, there's nothing wrong with the free press.

I have an iPad 2 so no I'm not a bitter consumer who is tired of the Asian invasion.

2. 3N16MA macrumors 65816

3N16MA

3. KittyKatta macrumors 6502a

KittyKatta

By mentioning they are Asian you have defeated any chance of a conversation on these forums.

Also, your theory is a bit wacky. :D

4. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

Kewl.

5. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

Apple is involved in a multitude of cahoots and conspiracies around the world. It is part of Steve's plan to rule the world.

6. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

The great thing is ALL conspiracies work so well (like Watergate) because as we know people NEVER brag or confide to anyone.

7. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

Or gives confidential info to Wikileaks.

8. tritonj macrumors 6502a

so let me get this straight, you're saying that apple is selling their product but rather than have it go to a consumer, they are using middle men to buy the product back and then resell it again to resupply their own stock? how exactly are they meeting any demand? still the same number of devices.

your premise makes no sense at all

9. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Yes, it's a massive singing/dancing/iPad conspiracy ..... all engineered to block you from starring on Glee.

10. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Just read the OP and boy, O'boy...so Apple is shipping iPads to the US, paying scalpers to buy them and ship them back to China just to re-send them back to the US so they can pay scalpers to buy them (again) and ship them back to China (again)........:D:D:D:D:D:D, talk about a iSingandDance routine:D:D:D, past time to pass the bong there OP.:D:D:D:D

11. iSingandiDance thread starter macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

12. jesse.armand macrumors newbie

I'm an Asian, and I don't see any iPad 2 here.

13. FutureStan macrumors member

Dear OP,

Please send us some of whatever you're having. We'll pay for shipping.

Thank you.

14. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Your theory is just as golden. :D

I like how your idea is that Apple is spending money on middlemen to buy back their own product and resell it in a giant loop that goes nowhere, rather than actually selling their product without any extra loop around or extra costs.

15. laurenr macrumors 6502a

I'll take what's left over:p

16. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

This is how I see your logic:

1. Offer iPads to general public
    2. Instead of letting general public buy iPads, pay people to buy them all up.
    3. .???
    4. Profit!

17. Rafterman macrumors 68000

I see now. The Underpants Gnomes are running Apple! Its so obvious now.

18. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

Who do you think has been mining all that magical pixie dust Apple has been using on their products!

19. shen macrumors 6502

So, having heard you out....

You seem to be saying that Apple sells ipads, to asian middlemen, who return them to china, to sell them again.

Aside from the obvious question of how this makes money, why?

20. hipnetic macrumors 6502a

Well done sir, well done. You've cracked it.

Ah, but you've missed the very important role played by the hookers and midgets. Without the midgets, Steve's ingenious plan would fall apart.

21. rworne macrumors 6502

Works well enough for Dianetics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dianetics:_The_Modern_Science_of_Mental_Health#Publication_history

22. CIA macrumors 6502a

Finally someone cuts through all the liberal forum posts and speaks the truth!
    Next tell them what you told me about how Obama is in cahoots with the alien wall street fatcats sending all the bailout money to Venus...

23. BadaBing!! macrumors 6502

BadaBing!!

From what I was able to find on appleleaks, they are using unicorns (i don't know if they are
    Asian or not though) to transport iPad back and forth between US and China .. But shhht, don't tell anyone.

24. rworne macrumors 6502

Not subs, UFOs. Well, actually subs that look like UFOs. UFOs powered by unicorn tears, rainbows, and hope.