Is Apple not allowing people to buy a subsidized iPhone 6s model in stores (AT&T)?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hieveryone, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

I was at the Apple Store to buy a gold iPhone 6s 64GB model. I assumed they would ask me for my AT&T info and give me a subsidized price. The lady told me that cannot be done and I had two options

1. Pay full

2. Make monthly payments (It was around $40 a month)

Anyone else have this experience? For the record, AT&T is still offering subsidized iPhones with a 2 year contract.

2. zfoster13 macrumors member

zfoster13

No, if you want a subsidized phone through AT&T, you must do it with AT&T, third party sellers are not allowed to do the subsidized pricing anymore.

3. mattfki5g macrumors newbie

Does this apply for Verizon phones as well? I'm eligible for the subsidized pricing and have been trying to find a 6s plus in store before ordering online. If I can't get the subsidized pricing in the Apple Store for a Verizon phone I might as well just order one and quit worrying about it.

4. KPOM macrumors G5

It is just AT&T right now (at least of the 3 major carriers that still offer subsidies).

5. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

I don't know about Verizon, but its an At&t policy, not Apple. At&t trying to get rid of 2 year contracts.

6. cardfan macrumors 65816

No, I bought two subsidized verizon iphones at Apple store.

7. mattfki5g macrumors newbie

Perfect. Thanks everyone. I'll keep trying to reserve until I get annoyed enough to just order one.

8. aristobrat macrumors G4

9. bambooshots macrumors 6502a

Apple isn't allowing it since ATT isn't allowing it.