Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macjoshua

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
Nashville, TN
I have a dead pixel and something under the glass, but I've been holding off taking it into the genius bar because I don't want to risk getting a phone with scuffs, etc. I heard early on that Apple stores would eventually be replacing the screens rather than swapping the whole phone because the screens are so easy to swap on the iPhone 5. Is that happening yet?

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
I have a dead pixel and something under the glass, but I've been holding off taking it into the genius bar because I don't want to risk getting a phone with scuffs, etc. I heard early on that Apple stores would eventually be replacing the screens rather than swapping the whole phone because the screens are so easy to swap on the iPhone 5. Is that happening yet?

Nope not that I've heard of.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I wondered the same when I had an iPhone that was perfect minus the screen. The vibrate rattled a bit too but not a big deal.

Turns out my new one is the best I've had. The screen doesn't interlace, volume buttons feel solid, almost in flawless condition minus one tiny scratch that is almost unnoticeable and does not bother me one bit. In fact, I enjoy it.

But don't settle for less than you want: a better phone than the one you got that caused you to post this. It's worth it.

For me, the screen quality has to be good. Bright, and no vertical lines or graininess. And it has to look equally smooth in landscape and portrait. This one does, phew.

macjoshua

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
Nashville, TN
I wondered the same when I had an iPhone that was perfect minus the screen. The vibrate rattled a bit too but not a big deal.

Turns out my new one is the best I've had. The screen doesn't interlace, volume buttons feel solid, almost in flawless condition minus one tiny scratch that is almost unnoticeable and does not bother me one bit. In fact, I enjoy it.

But don't settle for less than you want: a better phone than the one you got that caused you to post this. It's worth it.

For me, the screen quality has to be good. Bright, and no vertical lines or graininess. And it has to look equally smooth in landscape and portrait. This one does, phew.

I have an appointment with the Genius Bar Thursday night. Feels like I might be playing iPhone 5 roulette.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
i got a replacement, now I have the camera rattle lol when my phone vibrates I can hear it or when I shake the phone,

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I have an appointment with the Genius Bar Thursday night. Feels like I might be playing iPhone 5 roulette.

You will be.

But insist you want to inspect it first, and if it's not to your liking see if

a) you can try to look at another
b) hold onto your current one, at which point I'd return or wait for a retail swap

That's just me, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.