Is Apple Watch the perfect example of why you never buy a 1st gen Apple product?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by saintforlife, Apr 8, 2015.

1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

The reviews are all 'meh' to say the least. No reviewer wanted to come out and explicitly say don't buy it because there is still a lot of things for Apple hasn't figured out on the Watch. Hopefully by the 2nd or 3rd generation we all will know what the Apple Watch is really good for.

2. sterl320 macrumors 6502

Nah, Early adopters shape the direction in which new tech goes. I especially will never be deterred based on reviews from a select few without first trying it and forming my own opinion first. I have no clue who these people are that wrote these reviews, And I am not one to blindly trust any publication simply because of its name and notoriety.

That's just me though. I'm no sheep.

3. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

Whaddya talking about. I'm so totally gonna buy this thing.

But if you don't want to: cool.

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

If no one buys a first gen product their typically isn't a second.

5. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

I can't say.

However. My gut feeling is that there will be more "cleaning up" and "Sorting out" on this product, between 1st and 2nd gen, than there has ever been on any past, recent Apple product.

It's role, function and operation is so blurred and confusing as what it's trying to be right now.
    I'm 100% sure a LOT of work is going to be done between now and the next version.

Perhaps due to too many overpaid people at the head of Apple now, all trying to push their own direction, and feel like they have all got a bit of what they each wanted into the pie.

We have a very mixed pie.

6. Cory Bauer macrumors 6502a

Well firstly, I believe every review agreed this is the best smartwatch on the market. But they also all seemed to agree there is much room for improvement. But none of those areas where improvements could be made had anything to do with, "what's it really good for?".

7. sk24iam macrumors regular

Don't worry, soon we'll see threads like "Should I buy the Apple Watch now or wait for Apple Watch 2?" or "Will the Apple Watch 2 be announced in September?"

8. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

the smartest people wait.

They aren't impulsive, and don't obsess. They are cautious, thrifty, and careful.

Yawn.....

9. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

I've thoroughly enjoyed the experience of owning every first gen Apple product I've had. iPod (several varieties), Mac Mini, Apple TV, iPhone, MacBook Air, iPad, and next is the watch. I've never regretted any of these purchases even though nearly every one of them was generally panned by random strangers paid to think about things they aren't actually interested in.

In reality, the watch reviews coming out now are more positive than usual for a first run Apple product.

But hey if you have doubts about it, just don't buy it.

10. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

lets just remember that if we dont buy a 1st gen product then there won't ever be a second gen follow up

11. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I am sure this is just the first of Apple shot at wearables. There will be hundreds of new watches from other makers soon. Get the AW now if you feel you need to be first but know that in a few years there will be MUCH better.