Is AT&T going to charge more for iPhone 5 due to 4G LTE?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bt22, Sep 16, 2012.

1. bt22 macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if AT&T is going to charge more due to iPhone 5 being 4G LTE? 4G is not available in my area, but I have heard that carriers charge more if the phone is capable of 4G, even if you can't get the service.

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Well, we know they aren't charging more for the device and since the 5 isn't their first LTE phone, we also know that they don't charge more for their service.

3. erawsd macrumors 6502

No, my plan is still the same. There was some fear that they'd force you out of the grandfathered "unlimited" data, but it seems you get to keep it and they won't throttle you until 5GB.

4. bt22 thread starter macrumors 6502

5. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Both my iPhone & LTE equipped Android are on lines with grandfathered unlimited plans at AT&T.

I've been using a massive amount of data via LTE, it's easy to do. Plus I do use my Android somewhat more than my iP4S.

I've never been throttled (not saying it's not possible) and the price has not increased.

Despite all the haters that pile on AT&T, I've had nothing but great service for many years.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nope.
    My unlimited plan is still valid and works with the i5 when I preordered it.