Is Bernie Sanders a progressive feminist or a sexist neanderthal?

aaronvan

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
República Cascadia
Sanders campaign manager Jeff Weaver [joking about Hillary] said “we’re willing to consider her for vice president ... we’ll even interview her."
I don't know what is crazier: that Team Hillary claims that remark is "sexist" or that Bernie apologized for it. What are they supposed to say, that they'll consider Hillary for president?

Bernie has no idea what coming if he keeps doing well in the polls. Hillary will eviscerate him.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/hillary-clinton-sexism-bernie-sanders-215375#ixzz3q4lcGdUO

citizenzen

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2010
Tempest in a tea pot. When surrogates and staffers are arguing it hardly rates a blip on my radar screen.

Blip.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Bernie knew when he entered and knows he'll never be President. He's accomplished his goal, make Hillary move further left.

Praxis91

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2011
Bernie likes to talk about how awesome and "free" everything is in countries such as Denmark, but he fails to mention their strict immigration policies.

Bernie is entertaining at least. He's like that crazy uncle that never stopped the drugs from the 60s.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
The man's genuine. With Bernie, you know what you got.

The problem is that Bernie gives up too easily. The first time was when he surrendered the mike to Black Lives Matter loudmouths.

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
The man's genuine. With Bernie, you know what you got.

The problem is that Bernie gives up too easily. The first time was when he surrendered the mike to Black Lives Matter loudmouths.
He is the only interesting person on the democrats side.

He adresses important issues and seems genuine.
His biggest problem is that he is naive and really weak. It's sad.

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
in terms of the nonsense that is modern politics you would really have to praise the clinton campaign for taking that extremely non sexist comment and making into this big a deal.

but i would say that is the real issue here as well as highlighting how pathetic hillary truly is.

hillary giving some soundbites to lure in the progressives are nothing but that.

that vise president comment was pretty lame though because she should be as far away from power positions as possible and the bernie campaign for some reason is afraid to go at her full force.

Last edited:

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
He is the only interesting person on the democrats side.

He adresses important issues and seems genuine.
His biggest problem is that he is naive and really weak. It's sad.
i wouldnt say really weak but obviously negative campaigns isnt something he uses.

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
The black lives matter incident.
Now he apologizes to the wicked witch of the west for no explicable reason... it's so weak it's sad.

Got nothin to do with negative campaigning.
i must say i didnt really pay attention to the whole black lives matter incident. so no comment there.

i agree its weak and sad but im not sure i agree that i would describe him that way. as far as negative campaigning i was referring to letting her off the hook in the debate when the email scandal was the topic. if he hadnt that might very well have been the talking point days later instead of this.

he also let her create this whole sexism issue in the debate and his team obviously didnt foresee that becoming an issue and that shows naivety.

Last edited:

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
It has worked well for Obama. Look at how many people here view any criticism of him as racist.
Obama actually did attract a lot of comments that embodied racism with a thin veneer. A lot of it wasn't from racist people. It was from people trying to appeal to the racists, which just made them reprehensible. Examples would be over-emphasis on his middle name during the 2008 campaign and claims that his real identity is "Barry Sarturo". These would not have gained traction without their appeal to closet racists.

You should be able to see the difference here. Bernie doesn't try to appeal to a crowd that believes women should have important aspects of their lives dictated by gender roles.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

aaronvan

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
República Cascadia
Bernie has been comfortably re-elected for decades by his 99.9% lily-white constituency. He isn't ready for the rough tumble of real politics.

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
Bernie has been comfortably re-elected for decades by his 99.9% lily-white constituency. He isn't ready for the rough tumble of real politics.
but then again who is? it seems only people that are as sponsored as a nascar and i think we should find that frightening.

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2005
Bernie is so far removed from identity politics, during the first debate when everyone was introducing themselves and describing their families, etc, Bernie just launched into his platform goals. He's the only person in the Democratic race with a true passion for making changes, and not just adding a title to his or her name.

The Black Lives Matter bullsh!t, and now needlessly stepping away from this comment, have me worried that identity politic screechers are going to sidetrack his message too easily. But hopefully not!

Reactions: hulugu and Meister

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
Bernie likes to talk about how awesome and "free" everything is in countries such as Denmark, but he fails to mention their strict immigration policies.

Bernie is entertaining at least. He's like that crazy uncle that never stopped the drugs from the 60s.
so bernie should change his message based on the incumbent in specific countries?

obviously with your "free everything" phrasing its obvious you try and muddy the waters. however bernie mentions sweden and norway as well and i really cant understand why he should not because the current ruling parties in two of those countries have decided to cut benefits to immigrants or monitor borders more closely.

denmark and the usa were obviously built on quite different immigration policies.

Last edited:

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
so bernie should change his message based on the incumbent in specific countries?

obviously with your "free everything" phrasing its obvious you try and muddy the waters.
Actually it's Bernie himself who's talking about "free" this and "free" that.
And that's obviously nonsense since there is no such thing as free services.

Also the scandinavian countries are tiny and overall pretty bad to live in.

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
Obama actually did attract a lot of comments that embodied racism with a thin veneer. A lot of it wasn't from racist people. It was from people trying to appeal to the racists, which just made them reprehensible. Examples would be over-emphasis on his middle name during the 2008 campaign and claims that his real identity is "Barry Sarturo". These would not have gained traction without their appeal to closet racists.

You should be able to see the difference here. Bernie doesn't try to appeal to a crowd that believes women should have important aspects of their lives dictated by gender roles.
CIA-Barry did indeed use the name Barry Soreto earlier in his life.

While I do agree that there are certainly some racists attacking Obama for racist reasons it should not be overlooked that he appeared out of nowhere, sponsored by Wall Street and a massive media campaign and even received a Nobel Peace Price for nothing other than being elected (with the help of said sponsors).He has also been a disasterous president.

Claiming that people are racist simply because they are questioning Barry's origin and intentions is a cheap deflection.

Reactions: thewap