Is Bernie Sanders getting screwed over by the DNC?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacNut, Dec 19, 2015.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/18/politics/bernie-sanders-campaign-dnc-suspension/
    Is this just sour grapes by Sanders or does he have a case?

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Moot point. He got access to the database back this morning.

As an aside, DWS is so in the bag for Clinton.

3. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

4. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

Debbie Wasserman Shultz is a shill for Hillary. It is so painfully obvious. She schedules debates when no one will be watching, and now this "data breach" happens to come at the same time Sanders reaches an unprecedented 2,000,000 individual contributions to his campaign.

Wasserman Shultz should be removed from the DNC without delay.

5. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

Is the Hillary Campaign that concerned about Bernie?

6. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

And to think I once admired DWS for being a game changer and a stand-up Dem. What's in a decade or two...

Who knows. The guy raised 3 million bucks in a couple days by saying let's go over 2 mil individual contributions....

7. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

A better question would be: Are the corporate interests and big banks that actually own and control the political process in this country that concerned about Bernie? I would say yes.

8. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Of course he has a case. DWS has been trying to fix the race for Hillary since day one. This is going to come back and bite them in the ass as her antics have pissed off many people who normally vote for the more progressive party.

9. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

It's about power, money and more money.

The Clinton machine is a juggernaut so large, so lethal, so powerful that they're nearly unstoppable. Feared by some governing elements, supported by worshippers that are like those who see Apple as their God, it's only a matter of time before the Trumpets Play at her Royal Coronation.

10. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

But the baggage. And now the DNC has added to it.

11. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

Lets say this long shot happens, Trump vs Sanders. You would have 2 candidates that neither party wants to support.

12. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

I'd love to see Trump and Sanders tell both parties to **** off and have a 4-way race. Blow up the entire two-party system in one election.

13. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

That'd be the ideal situation!

I've voted for both parties before in previous elections. No way I'd vote for Hillary in '16. No way I'd vote for the majority of the current Republican candidates. Trump or Sanders, I could probably cast a vote for either of them. Or I'd cast my more typical Libertarian vote. Either way, it's a middle-finger vote to the current political system.

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Just like the GOP the party makes the rules that suit them , you are dreaming if you think they have YOUR best interest in mind. The party gets what the party wants

15. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

image.jpeg
    It's a sham

16. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yowza. Usually the splintering wouldn't be significant. This year, who knows. Bernie won't go there though. I don't know about Trump. He won't telegraph his intent as long as he looks viable (to himself) in the pre-primary polls. He'll keep saying he wouldn't go third party but that's because the primaries are still ahead.

17. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

That would undoubtedly be the most interesting Presidential election I've participated in. And I've been voting in them since Johnson/Goldwater in '64.

18. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

Another way the DNC has stuck it to Bernie... Debate scheduling.

8PM EST, prime time during Star Wars opening weekend. Also the same weekend as a rare Saturday NFL game. The next debate is the MLK long weekend with NFL playoffs.

19. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Yeah, the Democrat debate schedule is designed to give as little exposure to the candidates as possible.

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

It does not matter how hard they stick it to BS. Liberals will suck it up and vote Hillary for "greater good "

21. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I'm now annoyed enough to figure NYC will do that and let me vote for the Green ticket.

22. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

Being a resident of NYC, it is always depressing to vote in a national election... I know my vote will have no effect on the outcome.

I have zero doubt that NYC is in Hillary's pocket.

23. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Well I completely understand feeling like a vote doesn't count in areas where the politics are lopsided.

In some local election in my township, say (more dairy cattle than people, more Republicans than Democrats in the county and district by a huge margin), I'm more impressed by the results of my own losing vote when I see some total like 131-94 or something. The trick is then to go to the council meetings and remind the winner in person that he or she is charged to look out for the interests of the whole town.

But when I see the totals for, say, state senator or even county sheriff, who occasionally may run unopposed for the GOP as an incumbent here, and who may or may not get a blank ballot from me, my vote (or withheld vote) doesn't feel so impressive. When you're in a substantial minority as far as registration goes, and the electorate is relatively large, it's hard to remember that every vote does count. That's true right up to the top ticket even if it doesn't feel like it.

When you're looking at a town council vote up here in the boondocks, one vote can and occasionally does swing the seat. Even in the larger towns of the area, it can hold true. That happened in Oneonta last fall. An absentee ballot with some issues about its date or being filed in person or something was finally accepted by both sides, was opened, deemed valid and broke a tie. The whole total for the ward seat in question was only 185 votes. Now I don't know the population of that city by ward (there are eight wards, I think) but the whole city has a population of 14,000 and in the mayoral vote that same election, the guy who won got 1019 votes. So turnout (admittedly in an off year) was pretty darn low. The people who didn't vote will still complain about their government, yes? But they had their say... and said nothing.

If people can be caused to pay attention to policy, and if they will register to vote, and turn out to vote, one vote definitely can make a difference. So hundreds of thousands and millions of one-votes can also add up to making a difference. Those are big ifs, historically. But I still have faith that one vote counts in this country.

24. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

Yes, I know that every vote counts, and if the turnout could somehow be increased that that one vote could make a difference.

But the reality of the voting electorate in NYC really dampens one's civic responsibility.

25. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yeah I remember voting for some reform candidates in NYC in the 70s... the machine, the machine....